Chapter One: Go Rot in Hell

Chapter One: Go Rot In Hell

Lillian Dawes

Who in the hell invented school? We don't learn there, we are bullied and forced to suffer through dirty looks, hurtful words, and sometimes bloody feuds for up to 7 hours, sometimes more.

Going to shower in the morning was hard. My feet felt like they weighed a ton, and my mind was flashing from last night. My arm was sore from the deep cuts, but I didn't mind. The external pain released some of the internal pain.

I stepped into the hot water, washing away the dried blood from my arm and sweat from my body.

After getting dressed in a long sleeved shirt and holey jeans, I brushed my Raven black hair, which was naturally wavy, and brushed the shaved side.

I didn't bother with makeup because no amount of makeup could cover up the bruises the bullies gave me. I grabbed my bag and went downstairs, taking an apple and a Sunny D from the fridge.

"Is that all you're eating, Lil?" My older sister, Lilac, asked.

"Yup." I said, drinking some of the juice.

"I try hard to put food on this table. The least you could do is eat it." She said, barely sparing me a glance before leaving for work.

I rolled my eyes, finishing my apple and juice. I brushed my teeth then decided to leave for my tortuous walk to school. I left, locking the door and making my way towards the woods.

I avoided the streets as much as possible while I'm by myself. The last time I was walking to Sierra's, some old man tried to hit on me and made me have a panic attack. Then the time before that some asshole threw a drink on me while calling me a "lesbian whore".

So, I decided walking by myself wasn't the best idea. I cut through Belldere's wood behind my house and began to walk through the crunchy leaves and hop over the fallen branches. Teakwood was small, judgmental, and one of the worst places to live but the nature was beautiful to me. I truly love the scenery here but I hate the people though.

"Hey Lillian." Lucas said, standing neat the edge of the woods with Sierra.

We crossed the non-busy street and walked up the stairs to Teakwood High, home of the bulls. The school was tiny with only two floors and had about 500 students. I went to my locker which had "dyke" and "lesbo bitch" scribbled on it. I'd have to wash it off myself, the janitors never helped me, unless it was Frank. But Frank was on vacation.

"Hey carpet-muncher!" A cheerleader said, standing opposite my locker.

"What?" I said, as Sierra watched me carefully.

"Do you like it hairy or shaved?" She asked.

"Go rot in hell." I said, slamming my locker and walking to my first period class.

Apparently, I was hated-no brainer there-and someone pushed me from behind. I stumbled and fell into a desk, slicing my hip on the sharp metal edge of the teachers desk.

I looked behind me and saw Jeffrey & his band of jocks. I rolled my eyes at them and wiped the blood of my hip with a Kleenex. I sat down, slightly wincing when the rough denim material of my jeans rubbed against my hip.

The teacher didn't say anything, of course, and I waited patiently for class to end. Lucas & Sierra would probably ask why I didn't let them defend me earlier but I felt too co-dependent on them. Like they were my parents or something.

I was a big girl. I could defend myself.

The shrill bell rang, and the classroom filled with teenagers. I was at the very back by the window and saw a girl walk in. I've never seen her before though. She had skin lighter than caramel with dreads that stopped a few inches below her shoulder blades. She had beautiful brown eyes that held my gaze for a few seconds longer than necessarily. She was definitely a lesbian, I could tell by the boy clothes she wore.