Chapter seven: The Principal and Friendly Arguments

Chapter Seven: The Principal and Friendly Arguments

Lillian Dawes

School rolled around the next morning and I knew I had to shake my head clear, and act the least amount of normal.

I dressed in blue jeans and a long sleeve black and grey shirt. I decided not to cover the bruise on my face because everyone already knew by now.

School was usual, until I was called to the principal's office during third period.

I walked slowly to the office, wondering why I was brought in. The receptionist smiled gently, and pointed towards the door that said Principal Woods and I knocked once.

A booming, "Come in" had me hesitant but the door flew open and there stood Alexis. I hadn't seen her since she dropped me off this morning.

"Hello, Ms. Dawes." Principal Woods said, eyeing the pair of us and our locked hands.

"Goodmorning Principal Woods." I said quietly.

"Now, there is a strong accusations going around saying you are being bullied because of you being.... um, well a lesbian." He said, clearly uncomfortable.

"That is true." I said, feeling agitated that he'd act like he didn't know.

"And who's done these horrendous threats?" He said, almost sarcastically.

"Everyone in this school." I said, gritting my teeth, "And stop acting like you didn't know because you were there, watching me get beat up and being called discriminative slurs because of me being 'different'."

He stopped, staring at me. "You know what, I was trying to be civil despite the fact you're both disgusting creatures!"

Alexis mouth popped open, but I saw the recording app had already been on so she expected this.

"You're calling us disusting?" Alexis said, "Because we are lesbians?"

Principal Woods rolled his eyes, "No dumb ass I'm calling you disgusting because you're lesbians."

Alexis gritted her teeth angrily but stayed silent. I on the other hand  was tired of everyone walking over me.

"We're not the disgusting ones here. No, that's everyone else! You're all close minded, disgusting people. You bully me, beat me, and refuse to help me because I'm "getting what I deserve". News flash, that's not what I deserve for being different. You don't even know half of what I'm going through at home so don't tell me you know what I deserve. You don't have to accept me but for Godsakes, you don't have to bully me." I said, a few tears rolling.

"Ooo boo fucking hoo, the lesbian has a hard life? Maybe it's her own fucking fault for choosing to be a lesbian!" Principal Woods said, smiling menacingly, probably enjoying my tears.

Alexis squeezed my hand, "You're a vile man. If you can't be open-minded why are you a Principal? You had to know there'd be all kinds of different kids."

He smirked, "I hate kids. But quite frankly the pay is decent. So get out of my school."

Alexis smirked, "Gladly."

We left school, me a crying mess and her smiling. She drove me to her house, letting me know I'd meet her parents and her sister.

We entered the house and a little girl with mocha brown skin and bouncy curly hair barreled towards Alexis. Alexis smiled, picking her up and going into the kitchen where a dark skin man with short hair was singing along with a stereo playing Nicki Minaj.

Brandy giggled causing the man to turn around and jumped. "Fucking creeper Alexis."

Alexis smiled, "Leon, this is Lillian."

Leon smiled wide, "I've heard so much about you."

I smiled nervously, "Was it all good? I hope it was."

Leon smirked, "It was. She wants you bad."

I looked back at Alexis whose eyes were big and wide with embarrassment. She cleared her throat and touched her dreads.

"Is Joe here? We have evidence." She said, changing the subject.

Leon nods, "Came home early, should be in his study."

Alexis pulled me after her by my hand but I waved at Leon and Brandy on the way out. Alexis went upstairs and stopped at a large oak door where she knocked softly.

"Come in, Lexi." A voice said.

She pushed opened the door with her hand still locked with mine.

He looked up, "You must be Lillian, you got Alexis smitting over you."

I blushed and Alexis face palmed looking more and more embarrassed by the second. He smiled at me, "What's up?"

"Evidence." She said, pulling up her phone.

He looked at the video of our principal saying spiteful things, lip curled in disgust and Joe gasped.

"That's disturbing." He said, "I'll deal with this as fast as I can."

"Thank you, dad." Alexis said.

He smiled, "Now I'm dad and not Joe or Joesph?"

Alexis and I went to her room. We laid down, flirting like crazy despite me being shy. She grabbed me, leaning towards me and smiled at me when she was only a few inches from my face.

"Be my girlfriend?" Alexis asked.