Chapter Ten: Friends Forever

Lillian Dawes

"Lillian!" Sierra called me over towards Lucas's car. "We're going to Lucas house now."

"Um, okay." I said, wondering why they're being nice to me again.

"Friends Forever." She said, reminding me of the pinky promise we made last year.

I smiled softly to myself. Friends forever.

We drove to his house and his mother's were home. One was cooking, the other playing with his little sister.

"Mom I'm home with Lillian and Sierra." Lucas said.

"Where's the other one?" called one of them back.

"Lillian and Alexis are fighting!" he called and silence greeted us back.

We went downstairs into the basement for a movie or two. After throwing popcorn back and forth, and crying from laughter.

I went home, and changed my clothes into some pajamas. Lilac had made dinner which wasn't want exactly I wanted but I ate the baked chicken.

"Lillian, you have a visitor!" Lilac called and I went downstairs to see none other than Alexis standing in front of me.

A bouquet of roses and a smile, her eyes red and wavering. "Can we talk?"

I shrugged, leading her upstairs to my room. She smiled at me and leaned towards me.

"I miss you. You're so special to me beautiful." she whispered, desperation leaking into her voice. She met me with her eyes and looked away. "Please forgive me."

"Alexis, I miss you. But why would you do that to me?" I asked quietly.

She looked ashamed, "I just wanted to know what pushed you to the edge so I could prevent it from ever happening again."

I smiled, in a dumb ass way it was cute. She meant well.

"Fine, I forgive you."

Her head dipped low and she captured my lips in hers.

This was mine and I needed her.

No matter how dumb she may be. She was my dumb girl.

"I love you, Lillian." She whispered against my lips.

"I love you too, Alexis." I whispered back, pressing my lips back to hers.

My hands tangled in her dreads, me pulling her down on top of me. The bed was soft under my back causing me to bounce slightly when she adjusted so that her body weight wasn't all on me. I felt my hands reaching for the bottom of her top and I pulled it over her head. She pulled away from me with surprise. She looked at me with such love in her eyes, it made my eyes water.

"Lil, you know I love you?" Alexis said again, her hand touching my bare waist.

"I know." I said, touching her bare stomach with my hands.

"I won't ever take advantage of you."

"I know." I said, again.

"Which is way I have to tell you all my secrets since I know yours." She said, pulling away from me.

I looked her in the eyes, "I'm listening."

"When I was younger, my mother was a crack head. She thought having me meant she could just use the government for welfare but not feed me or love me. She didn't love me at all. She tended to beat me when I asked her for food. When I turned 7, I ran away from home. My mother didn't even notice until the police took me back to her house. She told them to take me, not to bring me back, unless I was ready to help her get her fix. I was placed in foster care and I was adopted by Leon and Joe when I turned nine. I've been with them ever since then." She whispered, "Two years ago, my mother contacted me from federal prison and asked me to ask my adoptee parents to adopt my sister, Brandy. I never met her before because she wasn't there when I left. She was only a year and a half old then. Brandy had been abused; sexually and physically by many men so my mother could get her drug fixes. I hated my mother. I still hate my mother. I felt I had to tell you this before we went any further. I know all of your secrets so it's only far that you know mine."

I pressed my lips against hers again, wrapping my legs around her waist. I had to let her know that I didn't care about her past. I had to let her know it was okay. What her mother did to her wasn't okay and would never be okay. But I didn't want to use my words. I knew she would never take advantage of me. I knew she loved me.

And I knew she would never abandon me like everyone else I loved.