Chapter 4: Graduation

Start from the beginning

~.~

Why does it hurt so much? The feeling of emptiness and loss.

Of course, that feeling held for a few days before I got over it. I needed to. Things like this will happen often, and I need to learn how to cope with it.

Especially now that it's graduation day.

I stand in front of my mirror, looking at my black cloak and graduation hat. Black has always fit my (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair, even if that seems unlikely. Even though the color of black is the symbol of death and loss, our school uses it as respect for all the students we have lost.

It doesn't take long for me to get ready, leaving out my (h/l) hair and minimizing the make-up. Stepping out into the hallway, I see Damien in his robes and jeans. "I will not allow this!" I say, grabbing onto his back and pushing him into his room. "Come out when you are wearing your good pants," I demand, slamming the door and waiting.

Jayke takes a while but before too long he is out, looking grumpy but in his clothes. He takes my wrist muttering swear words under his breath and leads me to his car. It doesn't take us long to get to the school where we see the whole graduation set-up.

We both take our pictures and wait through the ceremony. Everyone gets their certificates and soon it's the end. Time for the speeches. Here comes the boring part and when our friends talk, the tears.

Our principle starts chatting and soon the whole grade is yawning. Well, that was until someone started screaming.

It all happened in seconds.

The gym to our right exploded into flames following a massive explosion. The gunshots pulled at our ears and the scream grew louder. Damien grabbed onto my arms and pushed me in the opposite direction of the commotion but I fall onto the ground. He turns to grab his boyfriend and pulls him away.

I get up and scream for my friends. Hoping to grip onto anyone and make sure they are safe. There is smoke everywhere and I can barely make anything out. Soon I found the cause of this chaos.

Maybe twenty men and women stand in dark green suits with gas-masks on. There are so many! I drop to the floor and crawl under and between the white plastic chairs. Soon I make it to the front where the teachers are murdered and covered in blood, spread across the stage in a massacre.

And that's what this is. A huge massacre. Not only were all the teachers dead, but some of the parents and students. Every single body I passed, I had to check. Only Satan knows why none of my friends were there and I couldn't be happier.

I had no idea where I was heading then. The smoke had mostly cleared and now I could see the masked figures creeping around and some chasing after those who fled. I can't help but feel fear as I grip onto the weapon under my clothes.

There were footsteps from behind me and I rolled under a plastic chair to hide from them. Gunfire starts up again but this time seems twice as loud. I look up to see more figures but they weren't the same. These people had animal masks and the most random gangster clothes I've ever seen.

Holy shit.

It's the Banana Bus Squad.

My shoulders shake as I try to keep quiet. If I was caught by any of these groups, I would be killed. If I get caught in the crossfire, that's me done. So, I sit and wait for the gunshots to stop.

Which was longer than expected.

"YOU ASSHOLES!" The closest person to me screeched. He was only two rows away but exactly horizontal from my laying body. I watch him closely and inspect his fighting patterns. The man and his insane laugh were all over the place! With an RPG on his shoulder, he rolls to the left and then to the right but never once did he repeat a pattern. That was only his movements. The man would reload every time he rolled, propping up on one knee to shoot. Then stand, refill and shoot, rolling to a random place while reloading. People were flying everywhere, the school was falling apart.

"Delirious! That's enough 'sploding things! We have to go." Someone yelled at the man causing another cackle out of him. After he lets one last RPG fly, his body flings backward and 'Delirious' races towards a bus placed on the back street. That was not there before.

I watched him get into the bus with a few others and drive onto the grass and towards my spot. My body jumps up out of fright and I run away from the bus's path. God, I wish I had my fighting clothes.

I realize it was a mistake to watch the bus instead of where I am going because I run into someone headfirst and we both fall over. I fall onto his chest and freeze in fear. I can't help but notice that his mask lays beside us and he groans deeply. I look up, not being able to stop myself.

Holy shit...

(1624 words)

I'm just gonna shoot out a bunch out at a time. Pew Pew Pew. Considering I have it all pre-written, all I have to do is chuck it into Wattpad and reread over just in case. Please give me any feedback that I can work on in the future so that when I write serious pieces, I can drill it into my mind.

I hope you enjoyed.