Chapter Seven: A game of Repetition

A giggling Amethyst ran past Steven and the latter kept his eyes focused solely on her. He made the decision to follow her. Stopping every time she turned to look at him. This was a process that repeated itself until he was a few feet away from Amethyst. She turned her head to look directly at him again.

"Uh...hey Amethyst." Was all a surprised Steven could say.

Amethyst looked down towards the ground and then back up towards Steven. She blinked a few times. "Uh...hey Amethyst."

Steven's surprise turned to confusion as he cocked his head to the side. "No, no, I'm Steven. You're Amethyst."

"No, no, I'm Steven. You're Amethyst." Amethyst giggled a little as she said this. She too cocked her head to the side.

"Amethyst?!" Steven face palmed.

Amethyst face palmed as well, her giggling switching to snickering. "Amethyst?!"

Steven let out a groan of annoyance as he sat down on the ground, motioning for Amethyst to do the same. As Amethyst sat herself down next to the sixteen year-old, he turned to face her again. "Amethyst, do you have to repeat everything I say?"

"Amethyst, do you have to repeat everything I say?"

Steven let out another annoyed groan, this time directing his attention away from a snickering Amethyst. That didn't stop him from speaking to her though. "Amethyst?!?"

"Amethyst?!?"

"Hey, Steven. What's going on with Amethyst?" Bismuth asked as she kneeled down in front of the sixteen year-old, resting a hand on his shoulder. Both Lapis Lazuli and Peridot stood behind her, Lapis Lazuli's hand resting on Bismuth's shoulder.

"What's going on with Amethyst?" Amethyst asked, a quiet giggle escaping her throat.

"Nothing much." Steven replied with a sigh. "Except that she's been repeating everything that I say. And now it looks like she's repeating what you say."

"Nothing much." Amethyst repeated.

Bismuth cocked her head to the side. "Are you sure?"

"Are you sure?" That got the attention of Steven, Bismuth, Lapis Lazuli, and Peridot focused onto a still giggling Amethyst.

"Psst, Amethyst, I'm Peridot." Peridot snickered.

"Haha, very funny, Amethyst." Peridot rolled her eyes.

"Hang on, let me try!" Lapis said as she walked over towards Amethyst. The latter Gem's eyes focused on Lapis as she kneeled down in front of her. "Psst, Amethyst, I'm Lapis."

"Psst, Amethyst, I'm Lapis."

Bismuth walked over, now also wanting to join in. "Psst, Amethyst, I'm Bismuth."

"Psst, Amethyst, I'm Bismuth."

All Steven could do about this was roll his eyes and shrug, quietly chuckling, before walking over to join Amethyst, Bismuth, Lapis, and Peridot in their game of repetition. "Psst, Amethyst, I'm Steven."

"Psst, Amethyst, I'm Steven."

The others laughed.