🍸Question Everything

Start from the beginning

"You might change your mind later, just keep that in mind", Tyler said. "Uhm... My mom is only sixteen years older than I am", Tyler started. "She... She got pregnant when she was really young, and she really didn't want to or chose to, at all. It wasn't even just an accident, it was... It was against her will", he said as he scratched the back of his head.

"She got pregnant with me. I don't know my dad, I don't need to know my dad, 'cause my dad is my mom's rapist, so I've never had or known my dad, it's just momma and me", he said. "She struggles sometimes 'cause I remind her of him, but I don't get mad at her for it 'cause I'm just really forever grateful that she didn't give up on me and she raised me and loves me", he said. "My grandparents and my aunt helped us out, but she's still my single momma, it's mostly been the two of us", he said.

"She was kind of scared of dating, scared of guys, since she was kinda... Traumatized", he sighed softly. "Then she found this guy, and he was an asshole and a drunk, and she was so desperate to feel loved that she didn't kick him out for a long time", he said. "Something happened, and she finally kicked him out, and she's back to square one again; scared and terrified of dating or falling in love", he shrugged.

"She never went to college so I just try to make her proud, and it's why I did try really hard to go to college and study. I have a job now but it's not paying super well yet. I hope I'll start making more 'cause I wanna make her proud and get her her own cozy apartment that she feels safe in, y'know? Just wanna take care of her like she took care of me and pushed her feelings aside to raise me the best way she could", he said.

"That's really heavy", Josh said. "I'm really sorry that happened to your momma, Ty. But it's so incredible that she raised you on her own so well", he said. "Yeah, I know", Tyler smiled softly. "I don't get how any of this should be a turn off though? LIke why would this be a thing that would make anyone less interested in you?" Josh asked.

Tyler shrugged softly. "The daddy issues, the single mom, not knowing what the real family life is like, not having a father figure in my life, things like that", he said. "But that's not your fault. I don't see how that's a reason for anyone to decide they don't like you", he said.

"It's not the only thing", Tyler said. "There's more, but it's... Really personal. Even more personal", he said as he pulled his sleeves over his hands more again, and Josh thought the sweater paws were adorable. "It's... It's not really a thing that you just tell someone, which is what makes it even harder 'cause then I am hopeful until I get to the point that I'm about to tell this incredibly personal thing and then I'm on my own again", he said.

"You don't have to tell me", Josh said. "If you don't want to tell me, you really don't have to. I don't mind", he said. "If you're genuinely into me, you'll want to know", Tyler said. "But I don't think we'll get that far anyways", he said.

Josh reached over and he grabbed Tyler's hand. Tyler looked up at Josh, who bit his lip softly. "I know you probably don't believe me when I say that I genuinely like you and am interested in you after I old you very confidently that I'm not gay a few hours ago, but you're just making me question everything", he said. "But I didn't do anything special", Tyler softly said. "You're just you, and I like it a lot", Josh said as he squeezed softly. Tyler blushed.

"Oh. My. God!" Colin gasped. "You're not a boring straight guy!" He said as he jumped excitedly and Josh rolled his eyes as he let go of Tyler's hand. "No! No no no don't do that!" Colin said as he grabbed Josh's hand, then Tyler's, and he brought them together again. Tyler blushed as he looked at Colin, then at Josh, then down. He carefully intertwined his fingers with Josh's.

Colin squealed softly. "You are the cutest guy and my best friend is also the cutest guy and you two together are extremely cute", he sighed happily. "I-I don't know about that", Tyler softly said. "Why not? Wait did he tell you he was straight?" He asked. "Uhm, yeah he did", Tyler said, a nervous laugh following. "Oh you dummie", Colin sighed at Josh.