🌙 Night Alive

Hellooooo friends! Here's a new one shot! When you put me train traveling every day together with my love for Amsterdam, Berlin, the pilots and Christmas, this is what you get.

I hope you'll enjoy reading this one shot and I hope to hear from you. Please leave a comment and a like if you can to support me 'cause it helps me out SO much and means the world to me. I'm curious to hear what you think of this one shot. Enjoy! Here we go. Let's dive in!

Word count: 9846

~~

Tyler ran toward the entrance of Amsterdam Central Station, pushing past people while repeating 'excuse me, 'scuse me' the entire time. He ran toward the gates, scanned his ticket quickly, before he started running toward the platform his train was departing at. He clutched the straps of his heavy backpack tighter as he tried to not bump into too many people as he ran, continuously still yelling 'excuse me' to anyone he accidentally bumped into. He finally got to the escalator and was about to run up them, when he saw that other people were blocking it; standing on both the left and right side instead of only on the right side. Tyler realized it too late; people were behind him already, so he couldn't turn around to grab the regular stairs.

He impatiently wiggled his leg, heart pounding in his chest. The people took way too long to get off the escalator but when they finally did, Tyler started running all the way to the back where he could see his train. He ran as hard as he could as he saw the conductor outside of the train, and blew the whistle.

"Wait!" Tyler yelled. "Please, hold up! Wait!" He tried as he tried to speed up even more, but the conductor entered the train. "No, no wait hold on!" He yelled, and he was able to reach the train; but when he repeatedly pressed the button to open the doors, they didn't open anymore. "No, no no no please, please", Tyler rambled as he ran to another door, pressed the button; the door didn't open. At that moment, the train started moving and Tyler knew he'd missed the one and only train to Berlin that he could get that evening.

"Fuck!" Tyler yelled, then hearing footsteps running behind him come to a stop. Tyler turned around to look at a brown curly haired guy with glasses and a backpack on his back, panting softly.

"Dammit", the boy sighed, and Tyler nodded in agreement. "Missed your train too?" He asked the curly haired boy. "Yeah, I was supposed to go back to the states to my family for Christmas but that was the only train I could get to get to the airport with the only flight back home", he said. "No Christmas for me with my family I guess", he said.

"Oh man, I'm so sorry", Tyler said as he walked a bit closer, chest rising and falling quickly. "So you're from the States too?" He asked. The boy nodded. "That's so cool, me too. D'you live here?" He asked. "Kind of. I'm going to university in the country, so at least temporarily", he said. "But it's around three and a half hours away from here by train, but because that train was delayed I missed this one. It's too late to go back now too", he said.

"Well I'm stranded too, and I'm incredibly dehydrated because of the running I did", Tyler said. "Wanna grab a drink somewhere?" He asked. "Yeah, sure. I got about ten hours to kill", the boy let out a soft laugh, causing Tyler to laugh too. "Same here", he said as they started walking back to the escalators, both of the boys' legs tingling because of the crazy running they'd done only to still miss their train.

"So where were you planning on going?" The boy asked. "Back to Berlin. I'm a freelance photographer, lived in a couple of cities all over the world. My family is in Berlin because they thought it would be really cool to celebrate Christmas in a big European city instead of getting me to go home again, so they're at my place now. But I got a job here in Amsterdam in between, only a couple of days, and I was supposed to get this train so I'd be back in Berlin in the early morning, since this one was about a nine hour train ride. Now I'll have to get a new ticket to catch the train to Berlin tomorrow morning", he said.