🎅🏻 I'll Be Home For Christmas

Fluff!

~~

It was Christmas Eve, and Tyler was laying in bed, absentmindedly staring at his Blink-182 poster on the wall.

God, he wished he could cuddle up to his boyfriend Josh right now.

But  he couldn't, because Josh wasn't there. Because Josh was volunteering  on a farm in Australia for the past four months and there were still two  months to go. Then Josh would finally be back.

He couldn't wait.

Tyler loved Christmas. It was his favorite holiday ever.

But this year, not so much. Because Josh wouldn't be there.

Josh  and Tyler had been in a relationship together for four years now. Tyler  just turned 21 on December 1st. Josh was also 21, since June already.  They celebrated Josh's 21st birthday together, but Josh wasn't here to  celebrate Tyler's. Josh asked for a day off though, and they skyped  throughout the whole day. Even if there was a huge time difference. Josh  stayed awake at night and went to sleep in the middle of the day when  it was night at Tyler's. There was a 15-hour difference between them. So  when Tyler woke up at 9 am, it was 12 am for Josh. When Tyler went to  bed at 11 pm, it was 2 pm for Josh and he went to bed too.

But Josh didn't care about it. Because Tyler was his everything.

Tyler groaned.

Josh  and he were planning on getting an apartment together so they could  live together. But because of Josh's volunteering work on the other  fricking side of the globe, they decided to wait, so Tyler wouldn't get  too lonely.

So  Tyler was still living with his parents now. He didn't complain. He  wouldn't want to live in an empty apartment all by himself without Josh  for six months.

Tyler  rolled out of bed and walked to the chair at his desk. It was 11:30 pm  and Tyler just got out of the shower, so he was only wearing his boxers.  He took the Christmas sweater he got from Josh two years ago and pulled  it on.

He  had been living in this sweater for the past month now. His mom tried  to convince him to  wear something else, but Tyler didn't want to hear  about it.

He wanted Josh and wearing Josh's Christmas sweater was probably the closest he would get to Josh this holiday.

Tyler  sighed and got into bed again. He put his earphones in his ears,  searched for I Miss You by Blink-182, and pressed play. He slowly let  himself drift off to sleep while listening to the song on repeat.

//

Tyler  slowly opened his eyes, but closed them again quickly. The light was  way too bright. He groaned and then felt an arm wrapped around his  waist.

"Maddy? Is that you?" He asked weakly.

Every now and then Maddy joined him and cuddled up to him, because she knew how lonely Tyler felt when Josh wasn't there.

"Nope, not Maddy", a voice whispered.

Tyler tensed up.

He knew that voice all too well.

He quickly turned around and looked right in the eyes of his lovely boyfriend, Josh Dun.

Tyler immediately started crying and jumped on top of him, clinging to his boyfriend.

"Josh!  Joshy! What are you doing here?! I thought you were in Australia?!"  Tyler cried and Josh pulled Tyler close to his chest.

"Merry Christmas, baby boy", Josh whispered.