🏳️‍🌈Love Trumps Hate (Pride Month 2019 one-shot)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappy pride month! It's 28-29 June already and I'm kinda late but hey it's not July yet so I'm good! Wanted to write a Pride one-shot for you guys & wanted to keep it cute and light this time around; not like the pride month special Closet Thoughts story (which I'll start writing for again soon! Really wanna get back to it!) I hope you guys enjoy this one-shot and I hope you're proud of who you are and I hope you'll let me know what you think of this <3 Enjoy!

Word count: 4623 words

~~

Both Tyler and Josh assumed they were straight.

They wouldn't care if they weren't straight, by the way. That'd be fine by them. But both had only felt romantic feelings toward women, and never another guy, so they assumed they were straight. Y'know, at least until otherwise proven.

They had several friends who were gay, and were always supportive. They loved being supportive, especially when they saw the smiles on their friends' faces. Knowing they made their friends happy, made them happy.

Josh was part of that quite big friend group in college, just like Tyler. He was his best friend, the one he shared a dorm with and they basically did everything together. Tyler always looked out for Josh, too. Making sure he was okay, always. Josh was one of the quieter ones in the friend group, especially if you didn't know him well. He became more outgoing and free the better you got to know him, but overall, he was one of the quietest ones in their friend group. His voice wasn't loud, he didn't speak up above anyone else, and he usually agreed with what Tyler said instead of telling someone the same Tyler had done in his own words. When they did outgoing games, like spin the bottle, Tyler was all for it while Josh preferred to watch from the sideline.

Tyler was one of the most popular people in college. It was different than high school, though: popularity was different here. It didn't mean that if you weren't popular, people didn't like you or you were seen as an outcast or a loner or anything else like that. It just meant that you were you and nobody had a problem with you.

But when you were popular, it usually meant everyone liked you and everyone kind of was your friend, even if you weren't really close. You'd always help out and talk to people and people felt great when you invited them to a party.

It wasn't like high school, luckily.

Tyler didn't really know what he did to become one of the popular ones. Yeah he was nice to everyone who was nice to him, and he helped people when he could, but it wasn't like he was the person who walked around with a smile on their face 24/7. He guessed it was because Tyler didn't care about unimportant stuff, and did care about important stuff. He had a loud voice; his opinion would be heard everywhere. And if someone disagreed with Tyler's opinion, you'd know. And he'd tell you why your opinion was wrong, loud and clear.

Like homophobia, or racism. Something Tyler couldn't stand at all. It'd get him all worked up and angry, get his blood boiling. He couldn't keep his mouth shut, ever. He had to speak out about it no matter what. 'Cause they were wrong.

Like when Tyler and his friends finished classes for the day. They left the building, Tyler's voice the loudest of all of them, and Josh was walking next to him, listening to the conversations and once in a while saying something to Tyler or another friend. He wasn't nervous or uncomfortable. He was just quiet.

"What the- are you fucking kidding me?!" Tyler said, expression on his face changing right away as he saw the homophobic protesters on the side of the road, starting to walk faster. "Who the hell do they think they are?! What the fuck are they doing here?! Who even lets them be here?!" Tyler angrily said. "Fuck off you fucking idiots! You pieces of shit!" Tyler yelled at them from a distance, and Josh saw that, while most of their friends were saying things too or at least to each other, one of their friends was a little scared because of the protestors. Tyler noticed it as well as they got closer, and Tyler walked right up to them.