Chapter 16 : The beginning from the ending

Ashley lost every bit of her in Richard's eyes. She drowned in her thoughts.

I saw the corners of his mouth slid upwards. Contagious. A smile so contagious, lighting the world that revolved around me.Making me oblivious of everyone who smiled at me as I get absorbed in his gentle smile.Just his smile. For he smiles with his cheeks,flexing the muscles in the apple of his cheeks. He smiles with his eyes, crinkling the corner of his eyes. He smiles with his lips as he gets caught stealing glances. And when HE smiles , it's like gravity..my whole centre shifts and it's no longer the earth is holding me.

Ashley helped Richard to change his clothes. Ashley leaned in to rub Richard's neck with a wet towel. Ashley's face so close to him. Richard inhaled the air Ashley exhaled.
Ashley forgot he possessed the soul of a man. Her emotion were of women at the moment. Her soul craved to be loved.

Richard slowly ran his hand on Ashley's hair. Ashley shyly walked towards the window. Richard slowly wrapped his one arm around Ashley's waist.

"Is it okay if we do it?".

"hmm", replied Ashley shyly.

Richard sat down on the floor with his back pushed against the wall. Ashley sat on his lap while being careful so that she doesn't hurt his broken arm.
Richard kissed her forehead, nose and then slowly his lips brushed against hers, softly, delicately like butterfly wings , just long enough that he could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin. The taste of her lips lingered on his even after they stopped kissing.
She felt a hot breath on her neck, then the tender brush of lips. Burning as they make contact with her neck. A hand runs through her hair, as the kisses become harder and more urgent. Another hand slides around her waist, and pulls her close to his pine scented body. His kisses are now on her shoulders and in her hair.

"You'll hurt your hand", said Ashley breathlessly.

"For you I can die happily".

Richard's hand moved on Ashley's fluffy chest. He gently squeezed her breast. Before Richard could move his hand beneath her clothes, Ashley's phone rang.

Ashley got a call from Abbie.
"Ashley you need to come back, Dan is here to meet you. He wants to talk to all of us".

Ashley turned to Richard.
"I have to go back for a while. I would be back in few hours. You should take rest".

Richard nodded. Ashley kissed Richard's lips briefly before leaving.

On her way back Ashley realised none of her feelings and habit remained like Ashley Kimberly. Right now she is just Ashley, an extraordinary woman. She realised her soul is being replaced by a woman's soul.

"Ashley Kimberly! You didn't disappoint me or God!. You changed for good and learned things you couldn't learn while you were a man!. You all shall keep this journey of Ashley Kimberly a secret for no one would believe all these. We won't meet again unless you compel me by going back to your old version, Ashley. Today is your last day as a woman. You experienced the feeling of a wife and a mother without getting married or giving birth to a child. Congratulations!. Time for all of you to wrap up this story", announced Dan.

"No..No. I want this life!. I have done good things after being a woman and I love this life of a woman. I am happy ."

"Ashley you can do good things while you are a man. You should bring justice to innocents by going back to your work.Everyone has to go back to where they came from".

Abbie can see pain in Ashley's eyes and she felt selfish for being happy on the news of getting Ashley- the man back.

Ashley rushed back to Richard's house to spend the time she has left.

From the gate Ashley saw a woman along with Richard in the porch. Richard seemed annoyed to see that woman.

"Richard I want you and our daughter back. I love you", shrieked the woman.

"She is not your daughter. Not anymore. After you abandoned us. I don't..", before Richard could complete his sentence the woman kissed him. Then smooched him passionately.

Ashley felt a burn through her chest but she knew this is the best  choice for Richard. At least she will be here unlike Ashley herself.

Ashley got into her car and drove off. Richard noticed Ashley leaving. He pushed away his ex wife and ran after Ashley's car. But in vain.

Richard called Ashley. But she didn't pick up.

"Abbie if Richard calls dad or you , tell him I'm out of station".
Abbie pitied Ashley who sat in front of her gloomily.

Abbie conveyed the message to Richard.

That night Ashley took hours to write a letter to Richard. Her first and last letter to the man she ever cared about as a woman.

"Dearest Richard,
Too bad I really never got to understand what I actually felt for you. Too late to reminisce the days i've spent with you which already seem distant. From the time I've been falling onto your arms, spending time with you and Rachel, hanging out with you..I've learnt the real meaning- of a gentleman, of a good father and a woman's heart. My days with you were numbered but your days with Rachel's mother is not. Rachel needs her mother and it's time for you to start over with her. Again. Thank you for being there for me. I'll forever treasure our memories and bonding. Give love to Rachel on my behalf. I am going away. Somewhere far. Goodbye. Take care. I will cheer for you from the crowd.

Yours,
Ashley"

After 2 years.

"Dad ? how is the ring?".

"Awesome son!, after all it's Ashley Kimberly's choice".

"Do you think Abbie will say yes?. We've been dating for 2years now. She deserves all the happiness".

"Yeah, she was there for you even when you turned into a woman. She didn't care about what future holds, she just stood by you. She has to be your woman Ashley".

"Definitely".

Ashley's feelings for Richard changed when he got back into his body after that night. Now he misses Richard but as a friend. His heart started to race for a woman, Abbie.

Meanwhile.

"Daddy you need to shave your face".

"Rachel honey, not today".

"Do you still miss Ashley mommy?".

"Yeah. I've hurt her. Now I can't find her".

"Do you think she'll come back? It's been years now".

"She loves you. She will come around when she won't be mad at daddy anymore".

The door bell rang.

Richard went to the door and checked through the looking glass. A woman waited with her back towards the door.

Before opening the door Richard asked,
"Who is it?".

The woman turned her face towards the door. It's the face he hasn't seen over the years. The face he craved to see after that heartbreaking letter.

"Ashley. Ashley Kimberly- the woman".