Chapter 2: The curse of Rosa

(Author's Note: Please read it till the end and give me reviews!)

At dinner no one brought up  the verdict of Rosa's case. Ashley's uncle James and cousin Ann tried their best to not to look curious. But Abbie could not hide her curiosity, her face said it all. Ashley noticed her waiting for him to start after all he knows his best friend better than anyone else.

" Well as you three have seen the news, I won the case!. And that woman might leave the city, she will find another man don't worry.Now can we just focus on our dinner and enjoy my victory?",said Ashley while debating on whether he is actually happy to win or not.

Uncle James and Ann evidently had a different opinion about Rosa.

"Son, law should serve Justice to all. Both the weak and strong. You might not be able to prevent all the crimes but you should do what you can to unveil the criminals instead of accusing innocents falsely", said Uncle James with his deep voice.

" Okay let's leave this topic! Let's play cards and..Abbie call your parents and tell them you will be late. So shall we start!," exclaimed Ashley to change the intense atmosphere. He always knew his family and bestfriend were righteous and very kind unlike him .

"HAHA shall we then!?," added uncle James.

Ashley always managed to melt his heart by acting jolly. James craved for a son until he adopted Ashley from his parents. James accepted the fact that he will never get to hear Ashley addressing him as Dad. He also realised Ashley hated talking about his biological mother and father who set him up for adoption at the age of 11, for money, but kept his siblings. James solely raised his daughter Ann and , now, son Ashley while managing his Newspaper company. He hoped Ashley and Ann to work for him but he did not force Ann to leave her modelling career and Ashley from his law career. After all watching his kids happy was all he wanted. But a guilt haunted James. Guilt of not being able to raise Ashley into a righteous person.

                       Ann, Abbie and Ashley has been best friends ever since they were in kindergarten. The trio knew each other's dirtiest secret yet loved each other dearly. Even after what Ashley did to Rosa, Abbie could not care less about Ashley.

"I called Mom and told her I would stay here tonight. Want a glass of  wine?."

"Please,"replied Ashley as he sat on the swing in his balcony.

Abbie took a sip of wine before starting," Ashley, I don't usually comment on cases you take. But this time you completely ruined a woman's life. She is the victim and you proved that she sleeps with rich guys to trap them. You wronged her more than you wronged your ex girlfriends."

"Can we just not talk about someone who does not matter to any of us instead talk about how heartbroken I am right now," said Ashley sarcastically," I broke up with Tanya, do you see tears in the corner of my eyes?".

" This is your 7th breakup in this week. Don't you get tired hurting those women?".

"Women who fancies shoes and bags? And are materialistic?...Nope I don't think I will get tired of breaking their heart. None of them had a heart like you and Ann".

"But you didn't know Rosa's heart then why did you break her into pieces?."

"Abbie can't you just be happy for me and get over it?. Jonathan grey has agreed to pay her a hefty amount as a compensation. She will be fine. You should go and sleep before Ann locks her room. I am very sleepy. Let's call it a night then."

"Night".

                         Next morning Ashley woke up with a sense of victory. He can't feel his abs this morning. Something about him has changed, he can feel it but what?.