chapter 10 : The wish

Ashley had no idea about Uncle's invitation to Richard.
By the time Richard reached the venue, last round of the competition was about to begin.

"Now time for the final round!. Our nominees will be given exactly 10min to think about the topic we will choose and then will have to give a speech on it. The depth of their understanding will decide their fate. And our topic for the final round is "An ideal man"!. Here in presence of the feminists our nominees have to give a speech on this difficult topic! exciting isn't it!",announced the host with enthusiasm.

Ashley knows most of the faces in the venue. Most of them are renowned feminists. Ashley's mind was completely blank. She had no idea about what to say,how  to put a man in words in front these feminists. Suddenly Ashley's eyes met with Richard's who sat at a distance.

I am hallucinating now..how can Richard be here when he doesn't even know I am nominated for this competition.

One by one all the nominees gave their speech. Some of their speech was really good but they themselves didn't sound convinced with their own words. They weren't able to stick to the topic for too long as they mainly tried to please the feminists. Finally came Ashley's turn. She didn't write down any points. Ashley took in a deep breath before starting with her stare fixed at Richard's direction.

"Thank you everyone for having me here. I will try to keep it short.
"The ideal man". What is an ideal man?. A man that walks with you, side by side,not in front or behind you, through all kind of phases in your life.A man who would not only speak his mind but will also listen to what you think, feel and dream. Like a woman strengthens a man as a wife,bestfriend,daughter or sometimes as a mother- he would also strengthen her sometimes in the disguise of a bestfriend and sometimes as a father. He would make you feel beautiful even when you are in a mess, he would remind you that you are self sufficient, confident and strong", Ashley continued as she recalled everything Richard told her and made her feel, " He will fight the world for you. And this ideal man doesn't only exist in my imagination, after meeting an ideal man I realised what I imagined wasn't a mere imagination. To me he is the definition of an ideal man, he is someone who wouldn't hesitate to apologise once he realises his mistake, someone who would go to all extents just to see you smiling, someone who doesn't hesitate to express their emotions honestly. And finally, an ideal man is the man who would make you feel with every passing second that you are his IDEAL WOMAN.
I don't know what's your definition of an ideal man but I described the man who is my definition of an ideal man.Thank you."
The crowd applauded for a very long time as Ashley finished her speech. Few started to blow whistles. And it didn't take long for everyone to predict who will be the winner. As predicted, Ashley won.

Richard realised Ashley described him through her speech. He wasn't mad at Ashley anymore, he was now confident about his feelings.

Ashley realised she wasn't hallucinating. Richard did come.
"I thought you were avoiding me Richard".

"I was but how could I not come to cheer for you on this special day".

He came to cheer me...He came for me..why am I acting like a fool and avoiding him. He cares about me and that's all it matters.

Suddenly  Richard's phone rang. It was from his home. Rachel's nanny has to leave so Richard must go back home immediately. Before leaving Richard whispered in Ashley's ear, "You described me well".

Ashley turned red. Abbie noticed the chemistry between Ashley and Richard. Her fear of losing Ashley became worse.

"Why are you blushing", asked Abbie catching Ashley off guards.

"I was born with a red face".

   Later that night, at home, Uncle, Ann and Ashley sat in the balcony as they discussed their plan.

"I have to go out of station for my photoshoot again. I tried to postpone it but it's not possible", said Ann.

"And I have to go out of the state for the favour you asked for last time", added Uncle.

"So you both want me to surprise Abbie on her birthday ,day after tomorrow, that too alone!?. It won't be a surprise! she will instantly catch me. She knows when  I am lying or hiding something".

"Don't worry Dad and I have a plan for that", assured Ann

Next morning, was Sunday, Ann and Uncle left for their respective work. Ashley, for the first time, woke up on her own and started her  preparation to execute the decided plan.

Abbie went to the  church early, she prayed hard. Little did anyone know what was in her prayers. As Abbie got out of the church she noticed a familiar man approaching her only to find its Dan.

"Like you asked for Abbie, your wish will be granted but there  are  some conditions...."

"what conditions ?"

                   Abbie was a bit disappointed by the conditions. Nevertheless, she was happy with the fact that her   wish will be granted. She would get what she longed for.