Chapter 7 : Something happened to my heart

Dan's words kept Ashley and Abbie from sleeping. They did not get a wink of sleep that night.

You must experience the feeling of being a sister, daughter,wife, daughter-in-law and MOTHER, echoed in Ashley and Abbie's head.

Abbie got off from her bed while reminding herself , Ashley did not choose this to happen to him and to be a man again I must stand by Ashley and support him till the end even if he has to... marry another man.

This morning Abbie came early to help Ashley to dress up. Ann is out of station for her photoshoot. It has been more than two weeks ever since Ashley physically turned into a woman yet she struggles to wear a bra.

Abbie swung open the door of Ashley's bedroom to find her sleeping topless and only in boxers she wore when she was a man.

"Oh God, what the hell Ashley!?".

Ashley jumped up from her sleep when she heard Abbie. She looked at Abbie and smiled before laying down again.

" Ashley Kimberly! Have you ever heard of clothing!?".

"Have you ever heard of knocking before entering a man's room ?", replied Ashley with her eyes still closed.

"Apparently the only man in this house is Uncle James".

Ashley's eyes were now wide open. The reality hits her every morning. She is not a man anymore. Abbie dragged Ashley out of her bed and pushed her into the shower.

Things got busier in the office. Ashley did not have time to think about things that happened to her lately. But once in a while she missed being a lawyer.

There was a knock at Ashley's cabin. Without glancing at the door, as she worked in her laptop,

"Come in", said Ashley.

Someone came in, placed two files beside Ashley's laptop along with a cup of coffee.

Ashley looked up to find Richard leaving the cabin quietly.

There was a note with the cup of coffee. Ashley read the note out loud.

"Don't overwork yourself. Let's grab a coffee sometime out of the office but for now drink this special coffee made for special lady and relax". The note ended with a smiley emoji.

Ashley couldn't help but smile. By this time no one apart from Richard has opened up to Ashley in the office. She couldn't care much.

It's not like I will be here forever.

It was quarter after 9pm. Everyone has left apart from Ashley. She had this tendency to work to distract herself from thoughts she didn't want to think about. She couldn't find the files Richard was suppose to submit and she had to see those files right away.

"Hey man it's me, Ashley. Where did you put those files you were supposed to submit today?".

Ashley heard a chuckle from the other end of the phone before it finally replied, " I think you were lost in my note and of course in me. So you decided to grab a coffee with me ? You don't have to talk about files to call me."

"Hah! don't flatter yourself but are you trying to flirt with me ?", asked Ashley sarcastically.

"No. I am flirting with you", whispered Richard in his sensual voice. Ashley bit her lips. His voice seem to sent an electric current through her entire body.
Her thoughts were in a mess right now.

"Hello?? Ashley?..hey? I kept the file on your desk along with the coffee", said the voice on the other end breaking the silence.

"Huh?..oh.. found it thanks".

"Why are you still in the office? it's not safe".

"I will be fine. I just have some work left. I will leave soon".

"okay wait for us then. Rachel wants to meet you and we are on our way back from her art class. Our highness wishes to have dinner with you". From the background Rachel's giggle was audible.

"yass! drive faster I can't wait to meet Rachel", replies Ashley enthusiastically.

              Ashley left her car in the parking area of the company and got into Richard's car. Rachel slept peacefully in the back seat. Richard turned his car to low lane , a shortcut he claimed, from the main road.
While passing by Ashley noticed some goons blocked a familiar car. There wasn't a single soul around apart from them.Instantly Ashley recognised the car. It's Ann's. She was out of station for photoshoot.

"Stop! stop stop!"

Richard put his leg hard on the pedal. Hard- break.
This woke up Rachel.

"Richard stay in the car and take care of Rachel. Call the police as well".

Astonished Richard patted Rachel who fell asleep again.

Ashley showed up in front of those goons. She can see Ann in her driving seat shaking.
Those 5 goons walked to Ashley. One of them tried to touch her sleeveless hand. Ashley, angry,  slapped the man who touched her. The man grabbed her hand so tightly that Ashley realised her body strength is not the same like it use to be.
The man pushed her on the ground. One of them split Ashley's stockings. Another one split her dress from back. Ashley's bra was visible now. She held her dress from falling off her body. She covered her chest by holding her dress tightly using both of her hands. Before the men could strip Ashley completely naked Richard landed a punch on the face of one of the goon.
Three goons fought Richard. Richard kicked and punched them as much as he could. He managed to dodge their punch. Rest two were busy trying their best to strip Ashley naked. Ann got out of her car instantly she noticed Ashley. She tried to push the goons away but one of them pushed her away and Ann hit her head on the ground before fainting.
At the very moment the cops showed up. The goons started to run but the cops caught them.

Richard rushed to Ashley who sat on the ground quietly. Richard opened his shirt and covered Ashley. He had his vest on. His biceps were covered with sweat.
"We can't let uncle see us in this condition. He will panic before listening if he sees us in this condition. We will go home when Ann wakes up", said Ashley breaking the silence.

"let's go to my place for now okay?", offered Richard.
Ashley nodded.

Richard called someone to pick up Ann's car. He then gently carried Ann to his car as Ashley walked to the car while limping. She injured her knee.

Rachel and Ann were asleep. Ashley took a shower and wore Richard's  neat t-shirt with her panties only exposing her long,slim,waxed and injured legs. More 5 Ashley could fit in this t-shirt, thought Ashley.
Richard brought two cups of coffee along with band aids, savlon and cottons.

"May I?", asked Richard pointing towards Ashley's legs.

"No i will be fine dude. It's really okay..."

before Ashley could complete her sentence Richard sat on the ground and put Ashley's leg on his lap. As he touched her leg Ashley's cheeks flushed red. Richard gently smeared the savlon on the cotton then on her cuts. He cover her cuts with the band aid. Richard's hand moved slowly on Ashley's leg as he nursed her. Ashley's heart was beating like a drum. She felt her heart could explode any time. When finally Richard let go of her leg Ashley let out the breath she didn't know she was holding back.

What happened to my heart? why wouldn't it stop beating like a drum?.