030

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

I tightened my coat around my shivering body as I sat on the rooftop. My flowers were dying and I'm at a loss of how to fix it. I wanted to save them but there was no way how. The cold, is inevitable; it will sweep through eventually.

I drank my cup of hot chocolate as I sat in silence, thinking about everything.

I figured that Jimin still liked Bong-Cha, so when I saw her again I told her all the nice things he does.

But the conversation switched back to me in an instant.

"Hwayoung-ie, are you sure you don't like him?"

"No! H-he likes you."

"I think you're very wrong about that."

Am I wrong?

I shouldn't be asking myself this.

Do I like him? So far all I've said is that he likes someone else, but I've never truly addressed my feelings towards him, if they even exist.

I sipped on my hot chocolate, too immersed in my own thoughts to mind the cold weather.

I heard the fire escape creak, alarming me slightly.

The only person who knows this place is Jimin...

And there he was, his blonde hair coming to view as he climbed onto the roof. I could only see his eyes as he glanced around the rooftop, until he spotted me. They turned into crescents once they met my inquisitive gaze. Cautiously, he climbed all the way up and let out a shallow breath.

"Hwayoung," he sighed as he walked closer to me. "You're going to catch a cold." Jimin worried as he adjusted my beanie on my head.

I simply sat there, silently looking at him.

"What is it?" He inquired as he sat down beside me.

"I'm just... thinking," I let out as I fiddled with the brim of my almost empty cup of hot chocolate.

"About?" He eyed me curiously.

I stopped looking at the view in front of us and slowly turned my head to get a better look of him. I could only see half of his face, illuminated by the street lights next to us.

His eyebrows frowned slightly, trying to decipher my recurring thoughts.

"Do you like Bong-Cha?" I asked, rather straightforwardly; I could tell it caught him off guard.

"What?!" Jimin let out, flabbergasted by my question.

"You heard me." I sipped my hot chocolate as I turned to the horizon once more, as if it held the answer to my burning inquiries.

I was done beating around the bush, if he liked her then I wanted to know.

If he liked her, I wanted to keep my distance.

"Are you serious right now?" He huffed and shook his head in disbelief.

"I am."

I didn't care today. I wanted to know before I grew too attached.

"No, Hwayoung. I thought I made it clear that I didn't like her."

My eyes examined his face as he looked anywhere but at me. I nodded slowly and turned back to the city-view.

"It's okay if you do." I cleared my throat and set my now empty cup beside me.

"Hwayoung, if I liked her, I wouldn't be here, with you, freezing my ass off on a Saturday night," he smiled softly as we finally made eye-contact.

"It just seemed differently yesterday," I mumbled and played with my rings.

"No! I-" His tone of voice made me jump in my seat. "I was caught off guard, okay? I'm always used to being alone with you. I don't know how I should act when there are others around. But I promise, I don't like her," he huffed and our eyes met again. His riveting gaze cut through me like steel.

"You're not lying?" I eyed him curiously.

"Why would I ever lie to you?" He frowned as he took a hold of my free hand. "Hwayoung, what's this about?"

"Nothing," I avoided eye contact.

"Don't lie, please," he pleaded softly.

I shivered and looked up at him, only to see him much closer than before.

"I- I'm not," I muttered as his eyes found mine again. It seemed like our eyes were magnetic, never wanting to look anywhere but at each other.

His eyes examined my whole face, and he let out a sigh. He placed his arms around my waist, warming me up slightly. His eyes closed as his forehead softly met mine.

What is he doing?

"I definitely don't like Bong-Cha, little flower." He licked his plump lips and opened his eyes, which immediately found mine again.

"Little flower?" My voice came out as a whisper as my eyes bored into his. His gaze holding sincerity, a tender swirl in his brown irises as he gazed at me.

"That's what you are to me. So precious and delicate, like a flower," he grinned as I frowned at his kind words.

No one has ever compared me to a flower before.

He kissed my forehead softly and pulled away from our close proximity.

"Come on, I don't want to witness you freezing to death," he smiled as he extended his hand out for me to take.

I grabbed my empty cup to throw away later and looked up at him. My gaze fell down to his awaiting hand before meeting his captivating brown orbs again. I hesitantly placed my hand on his and we left the rooftop, together.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:

sorry for the late update, i took a nap and when i woke up i just watched run bts and i sPACED, but here u go babz.

jimin called baby hwayoung little flower🥺

i wish someone called me little flower uwu, i really love them hehe.

lowkey kind of proud of this chapter, specifically, so i hope u all liked it as well.

let me know what u think of the story so far my loves. always want to hear ur thoughts🤍

thank u again for reading red tulips. soso grateful :)

stay healthy, please <3