f̷o̷u̷r̷t̷e̷e̷n̷

Chan wished he could stop worrying. But here he was, impatiently pacing around the room, wondering why Felix wasn't back even after 5 pm. He suggested Felix should skip school so his sprain from the previous day could heal, but the boy insisted on going, because 'I won't survive without Jinnie and Jisung.'

Taking Chan by surprise, he heard a few knocks on the door. He wasted no time to go over and swing it open, revealing an attractive, tall male, who whispered (loud enough to be heard), "did I just knock on the door to heaven-"

"Who are-" Chan's eyes widened when another male appeared and stood by the stranger's side, "You! Minho's roommate."

"Oh my gOD SO IT REALLY WAS YOU!"

The tall boy elbowed the one Chan recognised as Minho's roommate, signalling for him to keep his voice low.

"I'm Hyunjin, and this is Jisung." He introduced, and Chan nodded understandingly, only now realising these were the two friends Felix always told him about.

"So.. Where's Felix?" Chan asked, causing both boys to look at each other in confusion.

"We came to ask you that, isn't he inside?" Jisung spoke, "he ain't replying to our messages."

A few tense minutes passed by before Hyunjin spoke up,

"Um.. Maybe he was held back by a professor, then." Hyunjin suggested, none of them able to think of why else Felix would be missing.

After a while of chit chat and agreeing to call each other if they see Felix, the two left and Chan shut the door, deciding to focus on his pending assignments for now.

--

"-an? Chan? Are you there?"

Chan was woken up by someone banging on the door, calling out to him. He hadn't realised he had fallen asleep, not on his bed but on his roommate's while awaiting the younger's return, softly gripping Felix's favourite duck stuffie. He sat up and looked around, learning that Felix hadn't come yet.

Chan groggily gathered himself up straight, squinting to read the numbers on his digital bedside clock.

12:47 am.

He tiredly walked over to the door after voicing "I'm coming" to stop the person from breaking his door down. The door creaked open, he made eye contact with two panicked boys; Jisung sucking in a deep breath with eyes teary and anxious, while a panic-struck Hyunjin blurted,

"Did Felix ever come back? He still hasn't replied to us and nobody saw him around."

___________________

___________________a;nI don't want to lose anymore but I keep losing

___________________
a;n
I don't want to lose anymore but I keep losing