t̷w̷e̷n̷t̷y̷

It was 9 pm on a Sunday night. Chan unlocked his room door but before he stepped inside, he knew what he'd face. It had been the same for the past 5 days of the week. He had just returned from his hang out with Minho, just like he did the previous days.

And as he'd expected, he was met with what he had foreshadowed; His blond roommate waiting by the dining table, on which a plate of some food Chan couldn't name was placed. But this time, he was surprised to see a frown on Felix's otherwise happy features, his arms crossed. Really, Chan shouldn't be surprised, no one would enjoy being so obviously avoided like this.

"Where were you all day?" Felix asked, walking over to his bed and harshly sitting down. He attempted to glare at Chan, demanding an answer this time. Felix grit his teeth, more so in attempt to prevent the unpleasant feelings of hurt rising in him.

"Why exactly do you wanna know?" Chan asked, making sure he didn't come off as being rude. He walked to his table to place his car keys. He glanced at Felix deep in his thoughts as he took off his black leather jacket and swung it over the chair.

"...You stay out all day then return so late and refuse to have any dinner I make. Don't I deserve to know?" Felix asked, voice soft and barely audible. Chan sighed at the sight of a moody Felix pouting while dressed in a panda onesie. Oh how it was adorable. And oh, how this was exactly why he couldn't stay home.

Chan shut his eyes and took a deep, deep breath to collect his thoughts. He did not want to give in and melt at the sight of Felix. He did not want to feel this way. He sat on his bed and unlocked his phone to scrolled through some apps, just so he could avoid eye contact.

"I'm not obliged to all spend my days with you, am I?" Chan stated as a matter of fact, voice solid. For someone able to hide his emotions half the time, it wasn't difficult to put on a harsh facade.

"You're suddenly cold.. Did I do something wrong, Channie?"

Chan could feel the drop in Felix's tone, but he didn't dare to look up. He didn't want to give in.

"Please look at me.. Tell me what's wrong.." Felix pouted, although Chan wasn't able to see. "I promise I'll make it up to you."

"You did nothing." Chan said, still refusing to glance at the pouty boy now sulking.

"Why aren't you telling me..?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"Because"

"You're just my roommate, Felix," Chan shot his head up as the words left his own lips, locking eyes with Felix's. 'I don't owe you an explanation,' he wanted to say, but the words were caught up in his throat when he saw the tears stinging the boy's eyes; an expression of hurt Chan had never seen before. Upon noticing the slight tremble in Felix's lip, Chan's heart sank. But before he could say anything else, Felix broke eye contact with a small nod and a gulp. He took Chrissy in his arms and lied down, turning his back to Chan.

And this was definitely the first time ever that Chan had to spend the night without hearing Felix's voice until the latter falls asleep.

He couldn't sleep no matter how hard he tried.

Especially not when he could hear the barely audible sobs and soft whimpers of the boy curled up in the opposite bed, until it faded out into the silence of the cold, unpleasant night.

___________________

___________________

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

___________________