43

Third pov

Phoenix had never killed anyone.

Fought people, sure, but never killed anyone. Not when she lived with her parents, not when she was on her own and not when she met Carter.

She wasn't stupid. She had always been aware that her husband has killed people. But he understood that it wasn't something she wanted to do or was interested in.

And now, when she had, she didn't know what to do. Her not entierly healed injuries hurt a lot and she had the mans blood in her face and on her clothes and her left hand, the one that had held the lamp was soaked.

Oh god, the blood had gotten everywhere.

She couldn't stay here.

She had to go.

She needed to go.

Phoenix got up on shaky legs, grabbing a letter opener from the desk and made her way to where the explosion had been.

The agents that had kept her company the last week, helped her, made sure she could do her part.

They were in various states of mangled. The ones being close to the explosion looking worse than the two that got shot.

Phoenix felt sick as she made her way to her own room. She couldn't stay. Couldn't risk more being sent.

The redhead had her own plan if she ever needed to leave a situation. Which was why she had cash on hand at almost every moment.

Mr Nobody had given her the room without looking in the closet, she assumed, since it was filled with lots of things she didn't think she would ever need.

Though she was super happy about the bag and clothes she'd found when she had looked through it. She stuffed it with some clothes, mind quiet as she used the bathroom to get most of the blood off before changing.

Her ribs and the leg she got shot in gave of a dull ache as she sneaked out of the house with a hood covering her hair.

It never occured to her that people she could trust would look for her as her mind reverted to the time she spent on the street after her parents kicked her out. All she knew was that she was in danger.

Time skip

The team took a look around the house that had been where they were supposed to meet up with Phoenix after Middle East. The place was trashed and Mr Nobody was quick to make sure his agents were handled properly.

Brian and Tej followed the trail of destruction until they found the man that had gotten in. His face was beaten to the point where identifying him would be impossible without DNA.

The two shared a look before running for their friend's room.

Brian sighed once he saw that there was blood in the bathroom and things missing.

They went back to the room where the others were. Dom looked at them. "You find her?"

Tej shook his head. "She's gone."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)