33

Third pov

"So to sum it up, you are going to rob the most powerful man in Rio of everything he has, he is getting to close at finding you and you want me and Carter to create a kind of diversion." She looked over their plan. "You're in luck. We we're planning on taking Rio soon. Reyes has been a pain in the ass."

"So we can count on you?"

Phoenix looked at Tej. "If you couldn't count on me, trust me, i wouldn't be here."

Brian was about to open his mouth when Roman slung an arm around her shoulders. "You know, we never got to talk much last time. Maybe you and me can grab a drink-"

"If you want to keep your arm i suggest you remove it from my wife." Carter's voice was cold as he glared at the other man that had aided in taking him down.

Roman jumped and was quick to move away. "Didn't know she was taken." He almost hid behind Brian. Carter was still incredibly scary even if he seemed to relax as Phoenix gave him a smile.

Brian chuckled lowly. Roman hadn't been told of the actual things that had gone on behind the scenes back in Miami.

The whole team watched Carter put a possessive arm around Phoenix and she seemed to melt into the affection.

Green and brown eyes returned to them. "As long as we get Rio once this is over, you get your distraction. Deal?"

Time skip

Phoenix was tasked with choosing which people to have infiltrating Reyes buisness.

Carter was tasked with getting a "deal" that Reyes had wanted for a good while.

While they did that the team continued their plan. They were still not entirely trusting of the two but had to admit that they were good at what they did.

A few times Phoenix sat whit them while they worked. Mostly close to Brian, him being to only one openly trusting her.

"Why are you willing to help us?" Brian asked one time.

"I don't have many friends, and i like to help the ones i do have." She muttered before deciding to go visit her husband as he worked.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)