50

Third pov

The trip wasn't exactly the most pleasant, but Danny did manage the best he could on such a short notice.

"Come visit, it's always good to see you."

Hopefully she'd get the chance.

"Miss Verone, it's good to see you in one piece."

"Mr Nobody!" Phoenix caught the keys he threw her.

"Not much time I'm afraid. Your friends had to start early. There's a GPS to their location, they're currently passing Ramsey between them. I suggest you get there quickly." He gave her a polite nod.

Phoenix wanted to ask more but focused on what he'd said. "Fuck!"

Without thinking more she got into the (admittedly nice) car and started the GPS.

**********************************************************

Passing Ramsey between the cars was difficult enough with the goddamn missiles they were shooting, but with the bridge the other guys collapsed it just got harder.

"Can anyone hear me?"

The new voice took everyone by surprise. Carter was quick to grab the radio. "We hear you mi Corazon. Where are you?"

"I just entered the city, what can I do?"

"Take over for Carter, he needs to pass Ramsey off but the rest of us are too far away." Brian quickly replied.

"Copy that."

Ramsey hadn't looked up from the computer but the look of confusion wasn't hard to miss. "Is there someone else helping us?"

"My wife. Get ready to switch cars."

"I gotta say, it's good to hear your voice Phoenix."

Carter kept his eye out for the car that was going to meet him, and he saw it. The car was a muted yellow, almost golden colour.

They passed close by each other and Ramsey jumped between while he stepped on the gas as soon as it was safe to do so.

"Phoenix, you need to pass her over to Parker and Pearce on Third and Spring. They've got heat seeking missiles out. Dump the car if you have to."

"Alright."

*********************************************************

"Let's see- Oh my god! Can this day get worse." Phoenix mumbled but the other woman heard her, as made obvious by the slightly hysterical laugh.

"I wonder that myself...."

"Well, if we survive this, wanna get a drink?" Phoenix couls safely admit she misses the Pearl. And besides, she can always have a soda. You can drink those while pregnant, right? Fuck it, she'll ask Cassandra.

Ramsey was about to answer but the missile that had locked onto them caught their attention.

"Get ready!"

Tej and Rome were coming up in front of them.

Phoenix felt anything other than ready as she spun the car thight beside the other, Ramsey jumping between the cars and Phoenix kicking her own door open, arm around her stomach and one protecting her head and jumping outside.

She had a feeling that Cassandra would've had a heart attack if she saw her now and she prayed this wouldn't end in more injuries than she could deal with.

The radio she'd found in the car had been thrown out with her and she grabbed it and started running for the cover of the building beside her.

A building close by suddenly lit up like a signal fire before a piece of it fell down.