18

Flashback

"I have a plan."

Carter hummed. "What kind of plan?"

"One that requires you to go to prison for a short while." She held her hands up at the look on his face. "Wait! Listen first. If we do this then it will get the feds of your back, the new drivers won't bother you and you are rich, which means you can find a way to spend less time in prison than they want."

Carter had to admit, that did sound good. "What do we need for it to work?"

"Well, first i know you told me about the boat but we need to make it seem like you only told Monica. Make sure she overhears you telling Enrique that you're going to kill us when we reach the boat. Then when we get there you gotta tell either Enrique or Roberto to knock me out. Whatever happens next i have no doubt those two drivers will go far to save Monica, then it's just to play along."

"And while i am in prison you can run my empire for me, make them think it's legit." Carter smirked. "I like it."

End flashback

Phoenix had gained a nasty concussion after being knocked out and spent the next week recovering. She knew that Carter hadn't really been a big fan of the idea but it was the only way to make it look real.

She knew that the feds had bought her story about knowing nothing, though she would still need to wait before taking over Carter's buisness. Even if they would catch on eventually it would be good if Carter could let his lawyers work their magic first.

It took three more weeks until Phoenix could curl up in Carter's bed and inhale his scent. She missed him so much. Thankfully she would be able to visit him in prison. She chuckled, a vision of Carter in orange in her mind. Not a pretty one.

She would eventually have to explain to her friends why she was still together with the man that supposedly tried to kill her.

"Miss, you have a phone call." The maid informed her.

Phoenix nodded. "Thank you for informing me." She got up and took the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, mi vida. How is my buisness going?" Carter's voice made her happy and a big smile spread across her face.

"Your buisness is blooming, mr Verone." She heard a low chuckle over the phone.

"I can imagine it is, beautiful."

"Not afraid to be overheard?" She asked.

"I have enough power in here to make sure no one will. Which reminds me, i will be making you mine for real in seven months." He almost purred.

Phoenix bit her lip. "Then these months best pass soon~"

"Indeed~"

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)

I'm thinking of adding a smutty chapter later on or at least the beginning