28

Third pov

Carter called Brian while Phoenix drank the juice she'd gotten.

"O'Conner."

"Verone. I'll text the location."

Brian hung up, not wanting to talk to the other man. He, Mia and Dom were still in their hiding place.

"Who was the red haired woman?"

Dom was still mad at him but at least he was talking. Brian saw that as a good thing.

"Me and a friend was involved in taking down a drug-lord two years ago. The cops made us get her involved. She was already working as his mechanic but apparently their relationship was more than that." He sighed. "She... She made up a plan that fooled us all and while he spent six months in prison, she kept his buisness running."

Mia shook her head slowly. "What are they here for now?"

"They want Braga gone so they can take the territory."

Time skip

Mia opened as a knock sounded from the door. When she opened she saw a young woman with fiery red hair and a smile. The only thing off being her wrapped shoulder.

Behind her was a brownhaired man.

She let them in.

Dom spoke just as Brian was going to. "Talk."

Phoenix shook her head in amusement. "You sure are impatient. First thing, we all want the same thing. We want Braga gone."

When she received nods she continued. "Good. Easiest way is to involve the cops. Braga's identity is a secret because he isn't using it in real life. Instead be goes by Campos."

You could hear a pin drop.

"Campos is Braga?" Brian looked like he wanted to laugh and cry at the same time.

Phoenix nodded. "Yes. You get it now? All we need to do is turn the cops focus and not let Campos get out. And while that happens you can kill Fenix for what he did to Letty Ortiz." She said the last to Dom, rolling her eyes at his suspicious look. "We are two of the highest ranking people in the underworlds food chain. Digging that out was easy."

While they talked Carter stood beside her, an arm around her waist and doing his best not to put pressure on his lovers shoulder. Now he turned to Brian. "Can you fix the police's cooperation?"

Brian was quiet as he watched them but after a few seconds he nodded. "I think i can."

Time skip

Phoenix was resting, the three others in the room worrying enough for all of them. At least Mia did.

The exchamge with Braga would be in less then two hours and soon they needed to go to the meeting point.

Time skip

Phoenix sat on the empty boxes that used to contain heroine. She, Brian and Dom had an understanding that as soon as they got Braga and his right hand man, she was leaving.

While she and Carter could no doubt could buy their way out of a prison sentence she didn't have the energy to put up that fight. She got shot a few days before, arguing with cops wasn't something she wanted to do.

The cars that pulled up made her sure that Braga was not intending for them to leave alive.

"Brian. Remember what i told you?"

He nodded and Phoenix turned her gaze to the dark skinned male that left one of the cars trying to goad Dom into a fight.

Phoenix got up and motioned for Brian to hold the other man back.

Braga came closer. "He's harmless, don't worry about him. And he's really sorry about Letty." He looked at Brian. "Where's our stuff?"

Phoenix opened one of the boxes. "You mean the stuff that used to be here?You'll see it when they see the real Braga. Or are you planning on hiding behind the name Campos forever?"

"I'm afraid i don't know what you mean."

Phoenix had to admit, the man has a damn good poker face. "Really? You know, i knew my stuff long before i met my current significant other. Finding out your actual name wasn't hard for me." She smirked.

Braga motioned with his hand for the guys that came with him and all hell broke loose.

Think they'll get Braga? Or do you think he'll escape?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)