35

Third pov

Phoenix came with Dom and Brian when it was decided they needed cars.

The racing scene made her miss Miami.

Still she smiled. "Home, sweet home."

The cars were definitely beauties.

"How about that? All motor, no tuning issues. I always wanted one of those." Brian nodded to a blue car.

"Held the record on the Avenida three years running." The owner of the car came forward. If Phoenix had met him before Carter she would probably have flirted with him. "Damn bro... You got a lot of balls to bring your problems here, Toretto. Not to mention a cop and the Cortez princess."

Brian chuckled. "Yeah, we can keep that on the low."

Phoenix made a face at what he said. "My last name is Verone now."

"Word on the street is a lot of people are looking for two of you. What? Didn't think we'd recognize you?"

"No, we were kinda counting on it." Dom looked at the other mans car. "That little coupe may run the streets here," He pointed at his own car. "But that monster has never seen a set of tail lights."

Phoenix smirked as she saw the challenge being accepted. This would be fun.

Time skip

Even if it seemed that the plan was going good Phoenix felt like something was going down. And when everyone was put out as wanted, she knew they were screwed. Carter was the only one that wasn't put out as wanted. And she knew she didn't need to worry about him.

But her husband was less than pleased when he found out that the DSS were hunting his wife.

"After this we'll have to go somewhere with no extradition." She mumbled as she sat on the couch.

"And i don't want to have you doing anything along with them if this is the result." Carter was not happy. And it was made even worse as he still had meetings with Reyes.

A few days after the stand off with Hobbs and his team it was time for the plan to be put in motion. Reyes were in a meeting with Carter while the others went through with everything.

Half of the team was sent off and Phoenix took her place by the computer.

The car that drove in was obviously DSS and she pushed Brian and Mia. "Go! Run!"

She was tackled to the floor by the only woman on the team.

She rolled them over quickly, putting pressure on her shoulders to keep her down. The woman head butted her and she got off. "Fuck!"

Their fight only stopped when a gun pressed into her back. She spit blood and glared at the guy that held the gun.

As the car drove and Phoenix felt the cuffs cut into her skin, she thought about the field day her mother would have with this.

The car flipped around and she was pulled out of her thoughts. She felt blood running down her temple.

"Cut us loose!"

Phoenix joined Brian. "Cut us loose!"

The blonde woman finally nodded as things were going to hell outside. She even gave them guns to help out.

Phoenix shot everyone of Reyes men that she could see as she covered Vince's back. She took out one of the guys that apparently had Vince in his sight.

She vinced as her thigh hurt.

As soon as Dom had Hobbs they all jumped into the car again. That's when Phoenix realized her leg felt funny. "Brian?" Her back hit the back of the car as it drove.

Brian turned to his long time friend and saw the blood stain on her thigh. It was growing. He was quick over. "Shit, shit, shit."

Mia turned in the fron seat. "She was hit?"

Brian nodded. "Yeah. Can you drive faster?" He took out his belt and used it to staunch the bleeding. "Hold on Phoenix."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)