40

Third pov

Phoenix woke to a bright light in her eyes.

"She's with us." Someone said in english. She recognized the voice.

"Tej?"

"Yeah, it's me. You gave us one hell of a scare. We thought Shaw had killed you." Tej sat on a chair beside her hospital bed.

The redhead looked around in confusion. "Where am i?"

"You are in a black site hospital. Figured it was the preferable option to leaving you where the man that sent the bomb can find you." An older man said as he entered the room.

Phoenix frowned. "And who the hell are you?"

"You can call me Mr Nobody. I'm going to let Tej catch you up on things before i fill in the blanks." He left the room.

Phoenix moved to sit up but groaned in pain as her head hurt.

Tej winced. "Yeah, i wouldn't do that. You have a light concussion but it's gonna hurt like a bitch. What's the last thing you remember?"

Phoenix tried to recall the events that led her to a hospital bed. "I was home with our cook, Nina. There was a packet that arrived and i heard it ticking so i grabbed Nina and ran for it."

Tej nodded. "I need to start with Owen Shaw for this.. We managed to bring him down. The reward was full pardons for all of us, we were planning on surprising you but that plan went to hell with this. Anyways, apparently he has a big brother that now wants revenge for us landing his brother in a black site. He's already killed Han and according to Mr Nobody his next target was you and Carter."

Phoenix was quiet as she absorbed everything. "Where is Carter?"

"No one knows. After an explosion in the building he had a meeting in he went off the grid. I believe his mother, your mother in law, picked him up." Mr Nobody amswered the question as he came back.

Phoenix had yet to meet Carter's mother but she knew the woman loved her son very much. Carter being in her care was only good, especially since Phoenix wasn't there. But she felt dread at the mention of him being caught anywhere near an exploding bomb.

"The question now, is if you are willing to help take Deckard Shaw down."

Phoenix looked at him. "I'm in."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)