13

Third pov

Phoenix sped through the streets, a grin on her lips. Carter sat in the passenger seat, a hand on her thigh as they neared Pearl.

It had been his idea that they go there. At least it was presented as an idea, during their time around each other he'd learned that she did not react well to being ordered around. She did however, have absolutely no problem ordering him and his employees around. It was amusing and in Carter's eyes it made her even more attractive.

There was a lot of people wanting to get into the Pearl. There always was, and they openly stared at Carter and Phoenix as they walked inside together. Carter with a possessive arm around Phoenix waist.

Phoenix had her usual jeans, black button up shirt and heels. She was perfectly content as they moved through the crowd.

When they reached the VIP lounge she sat on Carter's lap.

"You sure you know what you're doing, my darling spitfire?" Carter asked, voice low as he squeezed her thigh.

"Yup~" Phoenix smirked and made herself comfortable, Carter's chuckle making her more determined not to move.

"The job you wanted me on, when was it?"

"It's been moved, it's about two weeks from now, decided to take it?" He pressed a kiss to her neck.

"Yeah." She unconsciously tilted her head to give him better access.

"We're deciding drivers tomorrow. You got the day off." He smirked as he reached one of the sensitive spots between her neck and shoulder, his ears picking up on her shaky breath. "You like that, huh?"

When he saw Phoenix halfhearted glare he laughed and nuzzled her neck.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)