55

Third pov

The two cars made their way into New York from two different points.

Phoenix only had direct contact with Cipher at the moment. Thankfully the blonde seemed intent on keeping conversation to a minimun.

The redhead wonders when Dom's plan starts. When they can finally step out from under Ciphers thumb.

The plan better include Ciphers death...

"Phoenix get moving."

"Bitch it's traffic, what exactly do you expect me to do?"

She couldn't judge Ciphers reaction but she could imagine that her calling Cipher a bitch pissed Rhodes off. The thought made her smile.

"Get out of there as fast as you can and continue towards the meeting point."

"Yeah, yeah, sure."

************************************************************

While Mrs Verone was stuck in traffic, Dom sat down in front of Magdalene Shaw.

"Do you know who I am?"

"It's why I'm here."

"Do you know what I'm capable off?"

"It's why I'm here."

Magdalene took her tea cup from the table, watching the man that had helped put away both her sons. "I'll give you until I finish me cuppa. And I'm fucking thirsty."

"I've got limited time, so I won't take up too much of yours."

Magdalene gave him a bitter look. "Oh no. No, you've already taken everything I have of value, Mr Toretto. What more could you possibly want?"

Dom did the thing with his body language, the thing where he comes off like the cat that got the cream. "To give you something back."

That made the old woman pause.

Dom continued. "First time I saw my son was behind bulletproof glass. When he reached for me, I couldn't hold him. It's the worst pain I've ever felt. A friend of mine, Phoenix Verone is in the same boat with her twins. She can't do more than hope they're okay. I know you know exactly how that feels. Maybe we can change that."

Magdalene had already put her cup down. "Now why do I think that you're about to suggest something really dodgy, Mr Toretto?"

Dom put a small watch type thing on the table.

"It's why I'm here."

***************************************************************

Hitting the convoy leaves a loss of life and innuries for people that are just going about their day. It only serves to piss Phoenix off some more.

She's waiting on the side of the pile up with the guy they're looking for in the middle.

"Here."

She catches the suitcase.

"Take Dom's car and get out of there."

Phoenix kept a tight grip on the suitcase as they drove for the pick up, only to stop at a roadblock.

"I think I know where the team is at."

Cipher didn't betray any emotion. "Where?"

"Right in front of us." Phoenix sighed when she saw the cars containing her friends.

She briefly wondered which car that had Shaw in it, him she could shoot without issue.

"This is on you. Get out of there."

The speakers on one of the cars crackled. "Toretto, Verone, it's over. Get your asses out of that car."

Dom reved the engine.

"So that's how you wanna play this? Let's play."

Phoenix could feel her adrenaline pumping as one of the cars fell for the trap and Dom totaled the corner of a store.

The feeling of swerving in and out of places, hitting things on your way isn't fun. Definitely not when you're in the passenger seat at least.

She didn't have the heart to look when Letty came up beside them, but she did look up in shock when something latched onto the car.

"No.... Nononono- shit!"

For every car joing their little get together another line latched onto the car.

"Get out of there."

"We're working on it!" Phoenix snapped.

"Stop working on it and do it."

Phoenix looked at the the caple latched onto her door and an idea popped up. "Think I can kick the door off?"

"Try." Was Dom's answer.

She maneuvered herself and kicked the door as hard as she could several times. She felt something give and the door was flung back and hit the other car.

She barely had the time to hold on as Dom got rid of the rest of the problem.

The only thing was that their own car was crushed in the process ending with them upside down.

Cipher, for once, sounded agitated when they heard her. "Get that case, and run."

Phoenix felt for her gun and grabbed the case while Dom covered her.

Something hit her from the back, numbed by the adrenaline and she fell face first into the ground.

It sounded like everything was underwater.

Two loud sounds rang out and she felt someone take the case, leaving her still body on the ground, only the sounds of a familiar voice crying out her name and the sound of sirens.

So, Phoenix got shot..... Again.... She's not dead though, but everyone thinks she is...

I want to thank you all with the help deciding Ciphers fate.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)