30 part special- with fireworks

Depuis le début

We are so in sync, Mirio lead us to the food stall and bought my favorite food for us. We sat won a bench watching the people go past us. "It's weird everyone thinks we're a couple." Mirio piped up.

"Yeah. I don't know why though. I mean we're just friends." I said hoping the cold and the dark covered up my intense blush.

"Yeah."

"Next up are the fireworks."

"Really. Let's hurry." I dragged him along to see one of my favorite spectacles. Mirio and I sat on the ground watching the fireworks shoot into the sky and burst into dozens of tiny lights.

"Why do you like fireworks so much?" Mirio asked.

"It's corny but they remind me that we all have something spectacular within us no matter how we are on the outside."

Mirio brought me in close and whispered something in my ear. I couldn't make out what he said because a  firework had gone off near us at the same time he uttered the small phrase. "W-What did you say?"

"Nothing important. Now c'mon I want to win more stuffed animals for you." Mirio laughed as he pulled me towards the arcade and games area.

We continued playing games until it was a quarter till 11. "I'm kind of tired. Can we call it a night?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"One more attraction?" Mirio put on a puppy dog face. I couldn't help but agree because he looked so adorable. How can I say no to the man I love?

"What do you want to do?" I sighed.

"Let's go on the Ferris Wheel."

"B-But I'm afraid of heights."

"Don't worry. It's perfectly safe. Besides, I won't let anything happen to you."

"Uhg. Fine, but I won't promise to look out of the window."

"But that's the best part."

"...No."

"Fine c'mon."

Mirio's POV

I pulled my crush to the Ferris Wheel. I was so excited that I forgot all about his fear as we got on. When I looked back at the boy he looked so scared. I quickly sat next to him and hugged him. "Hey. Don't worry. I'm here with you."

"I-I know. It's just scary being so high." he squeaked burying himself into my chest.

"We're only five feet in the air." I chuckled.

"Only five feet. This gets up to 60 ft tall. Oh god, why did I agree to come?" Tamaki looked so scared and his expression hit me hard. Why did I drag him here? I could have just come by myself. Or left him on the ground? Why did I ask him to do this?

"It's ok." Just focus on me. I won't let anything happen to you. You're my best friend."

He calmed down enough to pull away slightly. "I'm sorry I always ask you to help me. It must be pretty pathetic having a friend like me. I- I- I am so sorry that you have to deal with me."

He started crying and all I could do was wonder what to do. "Tamaki. You are the best person I could ever meet. I don't regret being friends with you. If I could I would do more to make you happy. I'm the pathetic one. I can't even cheer you up."

"What are you talking about. I always feel happy when I'm with you. You are the only person who makes me feel like I matter. Like I'm not just a nuisance. I don't know where I would be without you, but I do know it would be a bad place. You saved me and you save me again every time you stand up to me. You matter so much to me."