Parks and deers

Mirio's POV

I led Tamaki through the Nachi forest. Beautifully carved bridges arched over majestic, sweeping rivers. My Tamaki's face lit up as we wandered through the woods. We came across a fox den around halfway through the trail. Upon seeing them, Tamaki latched onto my arm and hid behind me. He was being so adorable that I laughed. How can he no know how cute he is?

I'll admit, I didn't love this place just for its forests. I also loved the waterfalls at the end of the trail. We came up on the rushing waters that were uninterrupted by stones. My crush's eyes widened with amazement and he stopped walking to keep his view of the falls. He looked so peaceful looking at my second favorite view, second only to him. Instead of watching the precipitous waters, I stood and stared at him taking in the perfection that was my best friend.

He noticed me and stuttered, "W-wh-why a-are you l-looking a-at m-me? D-do I-I have s-something -on me?"

"No. you just looked so peaceful. I love it when you don't look sad. You're so amazing. You might not be able to see it, but I do."

He just made some embarrassed noises and hid his blushing face. I wish he would blush because he liked me. He only blushes when he's being complimented or is embarrassed. We continued walking. Eventually, Tamaki let his eyes watch the scenery. "C-can w-we c-come b-back one day?"

"Of course, my little cinnamon roll." This only made my best friend blush more.

Tamaki's POV

I don't think Mirio understood how much happiness it brought me to have heard him say those things. I love him. And every kind word he says to me I cherish. Unbeknownst to him, I had two favorite places I wanted to show him. I'll ask him later if we have time. We walked through Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park. Beautiful birds and butterflies fluttered around. We got to the best part, the Shiraito Falls. "Guess we both like waterfalls."

We sat on a bench and looked at the amazing sight. I rested my head on Mirio's shoulder. A family of deer came to drink some water. One of the babies came up to me and nuzzled its head on my leg. I pet its head. When I looked back, Mirio's smile grew wider at this sight. The deer walked back to its family and got some water. I might have been mistaken, but I think Mirio whispered, "That was so beautiful." when I returned to the position I was in.

Mirio's POV

I was loving this day. A, the scenery was amazing. B, the creatures were cute. C, Tamaki was here and liked the same things I did. D, him and the deer was the most heavenly sight I have ever seen. I gazed at them with awestruck eyes. He didn't notice at first, but when he turned back to me, a smile adorned his face. Nothing is better than a Tamaki smile. When he nuzzled his head back onto my shoulder, I wished this day would never end.

"If it's not too much to ask, can we see one more place before today's up?" Tamaki blushed after looking at his phone.

"I'll go anywhere you go. Where are we going?"

"You'll see." A mischievous smile laced Tamaki's lips. I let myself be pulled along. After a ride on the bullet train, I noticed that the station was the one that dropped us off near our school.

"Why are we here?" I wondered.

"I said you'll see." We headed in the direction of the school but took a different street when we were nearby. He linked our arms together and dragged me along. My Tamaki seemed so excited to show me this place. This made me excited.

After a few minutes, we came up on a hidden pathway. Tamaki led us down it. The walls turned from vines to stone. At the end, it seemed we had exited a cave into a quiet hollow. I gazed at the captivating scene. Multiple patches of dirt hosed different types of beautiful flowers. Butterflies and other animals inhabited this shelter to stay away from the concrete jungle that lay outside. The only sign of human interaction was a small homemade bench that was under a willow tree. "I know it's no trail or anything, but I planted most of the flowers and tried to build the bench, so it's my little hiding spot. Sorry for not showing you before, it just never feels good enough." Tamaki shyly explained.

I pulled my crush into a hug and whispered into his ear, "It's perfect, just like you." I hadn't planned to add that last part, but I didn't regret saying it. We sat on the bench and just contemplated our thoughts in silence. Tamaki's head rested on my shoulder again. It didn't take long for me to realize that he was asleep. I kissed his forehead. My face blushed what I was sure was a deep red from my action. Would he like me kissing him, or would he hate me for it?

Tamaki's POV

HE JUST KISSED MY FOREHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did he mean it in a romantic way? Or was he just being sweet? Did he fall asleep for a second and I just thought it was a kiss? Or was it an actual kiss? Before I could go into full-on panic attack mode, my phone rang. My head jumped up suddenly. "Morning sleepyhead." Mirio laughed as if he hadn't just kissed me. Perhaps it was just my mistake.

"Hello," I answered.

"Sup, Jiki. Nejire and I were going on a picnic tomorrow, wanna join us. We're going to invite Mirio too." Uma singsonged.

"One sec," I put them on speakerphone, "Since when are you and Nejire friends. Since we 'ran into' each other earlier." I could feel the air quotes on 'ran into'.

"What'cha talking 'bout?" Mirio asked.

"Mirio's there too? I was inviting the cinnamon roll to a picnic with me Nejire and I. We were going to call you next to ask you. This is waaay easier." Uma responded.

"I-I'll go if he does," I said.

"Great, we'll be there." Mirio accepted.

"Cool. Can you guys come to the Class 1-A common room? We're thinking of some Italian food, but you need to taste it first. I need to see if you'll eat it."

"We'll be there," I replied before hanging up.

It saddened me to leave, but we left anyway. After tasting the sauce, both Mirio and I liked it, we parted ways to go to sleep. If I were going to be honest with myself, I wish I could have a sleepover with Mirio tonight.

Mirio's POV

A/N Wassup. Happy Election day. It was Yawn or Pullen for mayor, yes someone is named Yawn. Can't vote but whatever. Also that was over 1111 words so yay me.