Dreams are a beautiful thing

Mirio's POV

"Before we start on that I-I wanted to s-say something," Tamaki said looking so worried. I hope this isn't bad news. Did the teachers want to tell me bad news but couldn't tell me themselves so they're having Tamaki say it?

"Yeah? What is it?"

"I-I-I L. I didn't get enough to eat when I went down earlier. Is it ok if we study while I grab a snack?"

"Of course. I wouldn't want you to starve after all." I said. He had me worried there. I'm glad it's something so trivial. He needs to eat properly he knows he burns through food fast. For some reason, as we head out, he has a sad look on his face. Was he trying to something else and chickened out?

Tamaki's POV

I WAS going to confess. But of course, anxiety got to me first. What did I expect from myself? I can't even talk to a room of first years. We studied. It was nice I guess, but I wish... there was...something more. No Tamaki. Stop daydreaming about something you can never have.

After I got to my dorm from studying with Mirio I crashed into my bed and passed out. My mind decided that if I couldn't daydream about Mirio I could dream about him.

-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-

It starts with a forest. Mirio cries out for me to chase him so I tumble through the dark. We run until we reached our destination, a cliffside. Atop it is a picnic lit by the stars and three candles.

Mirio pulls me close and whispers in my ear, "I have something for you." He brings me to the blanket and hands me a delicately wrapped box. Inside of it is a blue notecard. It reads,

'I love you more than there are stars in the night sky.

You brighten my day more than the sun.

The sky is yours.

I am under your spell.

My soul, my spirit, my life

Rests in your hands.

Will you be mine?'

I raise my teary eyes to meet his face. He seems filled to the brim with fear and suspense. I nod my shaky head yes. Mirio falls to his knees happy crying like I am. He hugs me and buries his face in my stomach. I pet his hair whispering sweet nothings into him. When he gains strength to stand up, he pulls me in tight and wraps his lips around mine.

-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-♓-

I woke up hugging my pillow tight to my chest. If only my dreams were real life.

Mirio's POV

After studying with Tamaki, I laid in bed staring at the ceiling. I'm used to having an overactive mind. It works so hard then crashes for a while. I don't get dreams often and when I do, I can't remember them. I got bored after a while so I sit up. After running the pros and cons in my head with suggesting s sleepover with Tamaki I decided to stay in my dorm. He falls asleep fast and I don't want to sneak in without him knowing.

I still need help with my homework so I study for an hour. Then I read for a few minutes. I switch from staring at the ceiling and reading every few minutes for another hour. It takes a while but eventually sleep beckons me into I's sweet abyss. As my mind rests, an anomaly happens. A dream slips into my unconscious mind.

-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-

Tamaki and I are in an aquarium. The room is empty except for some benches that are pushed together into a square. We are looking at the majestic whales and listening to the mournful song they're singing. I slowly notice the way my best friend is looking at me.

I look at him and ask, "What's with that face. Do I have something on me?"

He whispers, "Yes," before lifting his hand to my cheek and brushing his thumb against my skin.

I almost squeak with pleasure with this simple, slow move. I've one this, I don't know how many times, to Tamaki, but him doing it to me feels... right.

Before I even realize what is happening, his lips meet mine. I pull back stammering, "W-w-what was that?"

"Oh," Tamaki sighs with a dejected look on his face, "I-I just thought *sigh* it doesn't matter what I thought." Before he got up to walk away.

I grabbed his hand before he could. "I do like you that way. I was just surprised is all. Ama- no- Tamaki. Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Yes."

-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-♋-

I woke up surprised. Not only did I have a dream, but I also remembered it. I have to ask Nejire about this. She knows I have a crush on someone. I haven't told her it's Tamaki yet. I need to know what this means and she always seems to know.

Nejire's POV

Mirio comes running up to me calling my name. "Hey. Where's Amajiki?" I ask. Those two are always together. It's plain as day that they have a crush on each other. Mirio keeps asking me about relationship advice for 'his crush' and I know who he's talking about even though he doesn't seem to notice that I know. I've been dreaming up ways to get the two together, but it's hard to find a reliable plan that would work. Now that I have 1st year friends they could help me out though. With more manpower I could affect more things and make the perfects MT setting for their confessions.

Mirio starts shaking me. I guess I got lost in thought. He lets my spacieness go, maybe I've done it just THAT much, and tells me about the dream he had. It's the perfect way to get them to confess. But Mirio would notice the trap. Drat! I tell him, "This is the universe telling you that you have to confess."

"But what if he doesn't like me like that? It would ruin our friendship."

"Trust me it will work out perfectly."

I'm sorry," he spoke with a sad look on his face, "I just can't take that chance." He just walked away. Fine I will figure something out. And when I do, I know it will make them happy.

A/N I made this super long to make up for the cliffhanger. Yup over a thousand words. The first symbol is Pisces for Amajiki and the second is Cancer for Mirio. Also listen to Little Me by Little Mix cause you can beautiful, wonderful anything you wanna beeeee little meeee.