• Prologue •

"I think we should meet new people."

The words that changed their lives forever. 

The words that meant a new start for both of them.

*   *   *

"What do you mean?" Percy choked out, stifling out a sob.

Flinching, Annabeth fought back the stinging, excruciatingly painful tears, threatening to cascade out any second.

"I-I love you Percy. I really do... but t-this is not going to work. I'm t-truly sorry.", she explained, her voice dying out.

Percy wasn't the best with girls.

He was even worst with relationships in general. 

But he was pretty sure she had just broken up with him. 

After all they've been through, it would end with seven words that hung in the midnight air like a silent promise.

Annabeth reached out to caress his cheek, to kiss him one last time. 

It lasted exactly thirty seconds, but time was such a careless concept, it felt like forever. 

Before she pulled away, she let herself drown in his abyssopelagic green eyes that complemented his aspectabund features perfectly one last time...

But his gaze was shattered. Completely, utterly shattered.

Scared of what would happen next, Percy pulled away from her reach and ran out of the door. Letting out loose sobs, he galloped along the sidewalks in his dwelling's direction. 

Right now, home seemed like the best place to clear his thoughts out.

Hi guys!

Please tell me what you think about this!

Art: Viria

Thanks for reading,

xx,

-drakonator