• Chapter 11 •

Being next to him was heaven. He was irresistibly alluring.

But as a strident sound pierced the air, he suddenly rose up, quickly apologized for the phone call and hurried out the room.

Percy kept his eyes on him the whole time.

*   *   *

Not managing to remove his gaze off the dark-eyed boy, Percy blinked slowly. He instantly felt guilty for feeling such a way. Feeling the blood rush to his face, he quickly started trying concentrating on the movie that was still playing.

But Nico still slithered back into his mind. His mesmerizing eyes, those swirling dark brown pools of darkness, seeming to drag Percy into it, drowning him. His ruffled raven black hair that he had to restrain to run his hand through. His beautiful lips that were magnetic and seemed so soft...

Snap out of it!

As soon as the words transmitted to his head, some shuffled footsteps were heard. Percy glanced at the living room entrance and saw a slightly blushing Nico.

"Uh, so my curfew is at midnight, so we still have three hours..." he explained, shuffling his feet uncomfortably. "Till when do you expect me t-to stay?"

Furrowing his eyebrows, Percy tried to look as if he was thinking about it. But the truth was clear and hung in the night air like a silent promise. Percy wanted Nico to stay the longest he could. With him, he felt whole again. 

On their strange twilight encounter, Nico had stolen a part of him unwillingly, and ran away with it. And all Percy had done to stop him was stand on the sidewalk, watching the boy walking down, hands stuffed in his old brown aviator jacket, in a troubled silence.

"Could you stay until the latest then? I, uh-" Percy stuttered. "I-I want to make the most of it."

Nico remained with a troubling unreadable expression, before forcing on a smile, making his adorable dimples appear on his pale olive skin. "Of course."

Grinning, Percy waved at Nico to sit down next to him on the sofa. "So, who called you?" he asked, adding an edgy tone to the question unconsciously. Nico looked down at his feet. "My father."

"Oh." Not knowing how to react to that response, Percy just patted him on the shoulder. To his surprise, he didn't flinch nor tense up.

Unsure, he stopped the contact before Nico could react badly. Glancing back vaguely at the movie, he watched as the family left without Kevin. Mentally facepalming, Percy swiftly turned his head to meet Nico's aspectabund expression.

A small smile was tugging at his aesthetic-looking lips, making his mouth's corners lift up in a beautiful way. His chocolatey eyes that once looked like shattered glass were now filled with intense keen joy, sparkling with amusement. The flecks of green and black circled his irises in a divine manner, capturing Percy's attention flawlessly. 

As he felt a small tugging at his heart, he inched closer and closer, moving towards the small huddled figure of Nico di Angelo, that beautiful creature that stole his heart and inflamed it. 

In Percy's gaze, the usual specks of turquoise that brightened his sea-green aquamarine eyes quickly turned to flaring lights dimly illuminating his thoughts yet by clouding his mind.

When Nico finally noticed, his anticipation grew. Keeping up his small movements towards him, Percy took in Nico's pulchritudinous face facing him with restrained interest and fascination.