Soulless Pt. 8

A/N: Aight sorry for not updating in a while, sis so freakin busy with school smh i'm dying ksksksk
——————

Lisa's POV

I jumped on my feet as soon as the call with Jisoo ended. I sprinted out of the room with phone in hand and ran downstairs so I could close my bar and head home to clean all the filthy things that had scattered in every nook and cranny of my stinky house. It's been months since I last cleaned, it's no wonder everything in that place stank like crazy—which means Jisoo would fucking strangle the life out of me for my sordid and lazy way of living.

Chaeyoung dropped by earlier this afternoon and brought me lunch but she couldn't stay for long because she got summoned again to go back home by her mother. She said it's a matter about her sister, Jennie that had gone missing for almost three days now. I don't know her that much but I hope nothing bad happened to her, and Chaeyoung might not show it but I know deep down she cares about her sister. I just wish I could do something for her, to cheer her up and comfort her.

I secured the padlock for the double doors and decided to get take away food before heading home. The sun had set several hours ago, letting the night hug the grey skies with its gloomy light and shimmering stars. The air is filled with a mix of sweet scent of pastries and dishes from restaurants, smoke and chemical fumes from cars and house chimneys. It's a surprisingly silent night, cold and soothing.

I was planning to talk to Jisoo and then have her meet Chaeyoung tomorrow, but then maybe I could invite Chaeyoung later tonight after I prep my sister to be her best self. I was filled with enthusiasm, I couldn't wait anymore. The thought of the two most important people in my life meeting each other excites me, that I found myself buying a hell lot of food and sweets. It has been a great day and I'll finally get to introduce the love of my life to my sister, it deserves to be celebrated.

Chaeyoung's sleeping face flashed in my mind, making me smile to myself as I walked through the streets of Seoul. She looked peaceful in her sleep that night, her naked body laying comfortable and calm with her arms wrapped around me as she mumbled gibberish words through closed eyes. I realized one thing when she laid there beside me, her fragility and vulnerability exposed to me as she slept—I could easily kill her if I wanted to in human form. But I couldn't hurt her and I won't ever let myself hurt her even if the time finally comes that my curse gets activated intentionally or accidentally, it's only a matter of when. I'll kill myself way before I could lay a finger on her because it would break my heart to see Chaeyoung in pain. I wouldn't be able to handle seeing her suffer from the cruelty of our fates.

I love her, and I'd do everything to keep her safe.

I scrambled on my feet as I carried bags of food when my phone rang loudly, blasting Blackpink's D4 that made people stare at me in surprise and amusement. I held all the bags in my other hand as I glanced at the caller ID before answering the phone.

"Hey." She whispered on the other line, causing me to be alarmed at the tone of her voice.

"Hey, are you okay?" I whispered back, flinching when I suddenly heard screeching of tires. Is she mad-driving through Seoul?

"Yeah, I just—are you busy? I—" She didn't need to say the next words, I was already rushing to the sidewalks to usher for a cab.

"I'll be at your place in a minute." I said and she ended the call without responding.

I get the feeling the talk with her mother didn't go well as usual. Chaeyoung is always in a disconcerted state after an interaction with her family. It didn't take long for me to reach her place. Her car wasn't parked correctly on the garage, the car door was open and the front bumper was bent out of shape. It was like the automobile took quite a beating and she just left it there. She just got home and it wasn't a pleasant family meeting. I hope she's okay.