Strings Pt. 2

I smiled grimly as I realized something. I've suffered first hand the cruelty of my own gift. This was meant to happen. No matter what choices I made, risk I took—it wouldn't have changed a thing.. because now I've realized that the future has always been rigid. It's already written in stone and this gift that I have is nothing more but an error. One crazy error.

I was only a bystander on people's lives, on their happy endings—unable to make my own. She would never choose me even if I bet my life on the line. She would never love me, because she was programmed that way. She's a bystander like me, that's most likely the only thing we have in common. The difference is, I noticed her the first time I laid my eyes on her and since then she never left my mind, but I was a ghost to her. Someone she'd never notice, someone she'd never acknowledge. She only exists to teach me a lesson, a lesson I haven't yet wrap my thoughts into. A lesson I'd probably never learn.

Lisa is my one true love, but I wasn't hers.

"Chae, you do realize you've been staring into space for 15 minutes straight?" Jisoo's voice echoed through the entire room, making me snap out of the mentally scarring trance I was recently in.

"I just—" I forced my eyes shut, clutching the pedestal of the washroom as I took several deep breaths. Jisoo was kind to accompany me, leaving Lisa and her sister on the VIP room.

"Oh my god." She mumbled beside me as if she's realized something. "Chaeyoung, look at me. Right now."

I tilted my head towards her direction, her faced softened when I glanced at her in watery eyes.

"Is she—" I nodded, cutting her off. I just nodded and nodded, hoping that the burning heat in my eyes would subside. She brought her hand to her mouth, covering the shocked expression plastered all over her face.

"But she belongs to someone else." I whispered with shaky voice as I dragged my eyes away from her, only for it to fall on my hands that was now turning red, still gripping on the pedestal. "She belongs to Jennie."

"What about Jennie?" She asked.

"What about her?" I shot back.

She rolled her eyes, "The strings, silly head."

"No. No strings between them." I answered that earned another grasp from her.

"I knew it." She paced back and forth behind my back as I looked up to her through the mirror. "My sister is back at it again. She's just playing."

"I don't know, Jisoo unnie." I shook my head, another sigh coming out of my lips. "I don't know anymore."

"You need to stop being so melodramatic like your books, Chae. Lisa isn't bound for anyone else... yet." She chuckled. "Woman up and take her."

"I—I can't."

"Oh, please. This is the 21st century, Chaeyoung. You do not wait for what you want to come around, you take it either with consent or by force." She stated as she grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me outside to face the impending doom waiting for me that is called Lisa Manoban.