Shatter

I stared at her sleeping figure, lying face first and completely naked in bed as the soft sheets hugged her perfectly-sculpted body. Everything about her is magic. From her very appearance that God himself seemed to have taken so much time perfecting, making her the most unbelievably majestic creature you ever laid eyes on.

Her wide yet adorable forehead that she hated and never showed to anyone, but me. Her well-proportioned thick brows that wrinkled every time she's mad or tries so hard to concentrate which made her even more attractive. Her eyes, oh her eyes that never fails to rattle my foundation and strip every rational thoughts I have every time they land on me. Her eyes full of colors that the aurora borealis has no match to it, so bright it puts the brightest stellar in the galaxy to shame, so deep it could see right through someone's soul and so genuine I stop doubting everything including my very existence.

Her cute button nose and the tiny holes that grows big every time she tries to make a funny face. Her legendary meme faces that leaves me completely out of breath from laughing nonstop. Her soft, pinkish cheeks that puffed every time she tries to shove different foods all at once in her mouth because she's afraid I'd eat everything in seconds without giving her a tad to eat. And her lips, those plump red lips that sends shiver of both excitement and fear down my spine every single time it touches mine. Those lips that tells the most beautiful stories, says the sincerest words and sings the most heartwarming songs. Those lips that I'd always, always crave.

Her neck where I bury my face every time I feel the darkness creeping in again on me. Her broad shoulders that assures me she's there, standing strong against the dangers that might overtake me, us. Her arms where I find solace whenever I feel like I'm losing my battle and my mind with it. Her hands that would caress my back as she whispers softly in my ears.

You see now? She's beyond perfect, otherworldly. Not only is she appealing to the eyes, but to the soul too. You must know by now that underneath her angelic face, boyish look and carefree happy yet tough act lies someone so wonderful and pure. She's caring, sweet, loyal, unbelievably honest but most of all.. she's natural. She never pretended to be anybody else, she never tried to hide her flaws, never tried to mask the real her. She showed me every bit of her being from the greatest to worst. That's the most vital point that made me fall for her.

"I love you, Lisa." I softly mumbled, my lips slightly brushing against the tip of her ear. I heard her chuckle in delight, making my heart contract in such joy just by the sound of it.

"Say that again." She said, half asleep with her eyes still closed. Her delicate fingers tracing the lines of my bare back. I held the camera a few inches from her sleeping face to make sure that I'm recording the perfect moment. The morning after I gave myself to her.

"I love you." A smile tugged at her lips the second she heard me say it again. Slowly, she opened her eyes, giving me that heavenly strange feeling like my soul was being sucked into her doe brown eyes as I stared back at her.

"I love you." She replied as she leaned in and gave me a quick light kiss on the lips. It was soft and glorious. I chuckled when I remembered something she had said in the past. She doesn't say 'I love you too' because according to her it feels like a forced reply, like you're just obligated to say it back because the other one said it first. She's weird, I know. "I love you so much, Chaeng."

I sat on the sofa, unmoving as I stared at the television with one film playing on it. Tears had started to fall, making my sight blurry but I couldn't bring myself to look away even though the film had already ended, the screen completely black. The darkness stared back at me, mocking the state I am in as it showed me my reflection. My miserable reflection. The person that I am now. Sad, pathetic, lifeless.