Storage

"Hey, Lisa. Watch this!" I yelled over so she could hear me calling from across the room. She's in the kitchen preparing food since I will be sleeping over. It's her last day here in Seoul because tomorrow she will be off to a monastery somewhere in the mountains faraway to start her journey as a novice nun.

Who would've thought, right? Lisa Manoban, the most rebellious and violent person I've ever known since grade school, now looks up and wants to serve God. I was the religious one among us two, but that changed the moment my mom died and I did everything and he still wouldn't save her. My mom got caught up in the middle of a shootout, she was a random victim, nothing but a casualty that the government didn't saw fit to seek justice for. The tables have turned all of a sudden, I lost my faith and Lisa gained hers.

Now my best friend is finally leaving me, like my mom did.

"What? What is it?" She asked, finally walking into the living room as she carried four bowls with various kinds of food and two soda bottles pressed between her armpits.

"News flash: Employees of [detracted] café found dead with multiple stab wounds and head mutilation. Police have speculated that this could be a work of the notorious serial killer of Australia, the Reaper-"

"Holy shit." We both muttered under our breaths.

"Is that-Is that the-" Lisa stuttered, unable to form coherent words as she reached for her phone on the center table. Her hands were shaking when she dialed a number and cursed when nobody answered.

"Lisa, what's going on? Who are you calling?" I asked, nervous and alarmed.

"Jennie." She answered shortly before dialing again. "She works there, Chae."

Jennie, Lisa's ex-girlfriend. They broke up two weeks ago. That probably lead Lisa to become a nun, omg.

"Oh my god." My hands flew instantly to my mouth to cover the shocked expression plastered all over my face. This can't be happening. "Lisa. Lisa, calm down."

"Fuck! Jennie, pick up!" She screamed that startled me and made me jump on my seat. She stood up and paced anxiously through the entire room.

I pulled my phone out and called the only person I know I could trust, aside from Lisa.

"Hey, dad." I greeted, standing up from the sofa and made my way to the balcony so I could get some fresh air. "I saw the news. What's going on? Please tell me."

I heard mumbling from the other line, probably my father's fellow police officers talking about the recent crime too.

"Chaeyoung, I need you to listen to me very carefully." He said in a neutral tone that made all the hair in my body stand up. "Pack your things, you need to get out of town."

"What? What are you talking about dad?!" I screamed over the phone, confused and scared. "You're not making any sense, dad. Please tell me what's going on."

"Baby, I'm doing this for you. Please stop asking questions and just listen to me." He sighed. "Promise me, Chaeyoung. You will get out of town right at this instant and never look back."

"Dad, please tell me-" I was already sobbing so hard. My father isn't making any sense. I don't know what the hell is going on and he won't tell me.

"Baby, I know." He says that caused me to gulp an imaginary lump in my throat. My entire body was shaking from the cold. "I know you're the Reaper."

What?

"Dad! Stop messing with me!" I yell, catching Lisa's attention inside. "What are you talking about? I'm not the killer. I can't even hurt a damn fly!"