Soulless Pt. 2

"What the bloody hell, Jennie?!" The first thing that came out of my mouth the instant I stepped inside my apartment only to be greeted by my wicked older sister and my best friend pinned on the firm wall, choking to death. "Jennie!"

Her glaze flew in my direction, eyes reddening and full of spite. She didn't stop. Looking at me defiantly, she continued gripping her neck like it's just a goddamn pomegranate she got her hands on.

"You bitch! Get your hands off her!" I shouted, threatened and afraid. In one swift move, I was at her side, breathing audibly with my blood boiling in rage. I grabbed her by the arm and pushed her against the wall, same thing she did with her. "She's human for god's sake!"

She laughed, amused with what I just said, throwing her head back like a fucking lunatic.

"Ah, that she is. How very unfortunate yet an ironic predicament, because it just so happens that humans are our favourite food." She stated, venom in her voice as she spat the last word in disgust.

"Lay a finger on her again and you lose your hand." I took a step forward, closing the distance between us. "It won't be like the last time, Jennie. Now I'm threatening you."

She leaned towards me, brought her lips to my ear as she whispered. "We told you to get rid of her. Or I will.. while you watch."

"She's not going anywhere." I replied, glancing at Lisa. She returned the gaze, chest puffing up and down, jaw tightened, neck bruised and eyes red from the recent suffocation.

"You have become her rabid dog, caged in steel bars until she decides to let you out and feed you riffraff with toxic in their veins. What do you call that vicinity she owns? Bar?" She chuckled, pulling away. "Fools."

I smirked, tilted my head back in her direction then spoke. "You're the one caged away in rusted steels, Jennie. You're mom and dad's rabid dog. You always have been, you always will be."

Coldness hovered through me and before I knew it, she had me by the neck, flashing her lustrous white eyes and sharp teeth.

"You bitch!" She cursed, throwing me off to the other side of the room. My whole body slammed to the wall, making my bones break and my arm dislocate from the impact. I stood up, reached for my ruptured arm then twisted it back to its place, as I heard Lisa grunt in emotional pain−probably from watching me with what I just did.

"You'll regret doing that." I mumbled, throwing myself at her. I tackled her to the ground, pushing my left knee on her abdomen as she cursed, feeling the consequences of her dastardly actions. She's a fucking wendigo, not to mention a woman with great built and strength, and she dare harm her. She hurt Lisa. Only a coward does that.

I raised my hand, clenched it into a tight fist and with all my strength, drove it straight to her chest, shattering a couple of her ribcage. I buried my hand deeper 'til I felt her fragile heart pounding against my palm.

She coughed blood, still struggling from my grips. She muttered, "What, you gonna kill me? Well then get on with it."

"You're one hell of a miserable excuse for a sibling. We both know death is a gift for a wendigo. A mercy for us vile, diabolical creatures. You don't deserve death, sister. Mercy is something you'll never get." I whispered, pulling out my bloody hand, closed my eyes briefly to rid the white color in it, and in split second, snapped her neck, sending her into a nice slumber. I turned to face Lisa, brows raised and arms crossed. "You're just prone to danger, aren't you? Why the hell are you here?"

———

"I told you to text me first before coming over." I walked up to her, examining her physique for other injuries my ass of a sister inflicted. "Does it hurt anywhere else?"

She shook her head, hands unconsciously making its way to her bruised neck.

"You are a terrible liar, don't you know that? Look at your skinny neck, it's turning violet. It looks like a fucking twig that'll break at any moment now." I commented, nodding towards her hand resting on her nape. She chuckled, rolling her eyes. "Wait here."

I went straight to the kitchen, opened my fridge, grabbed the ice pack then made my way back to the living room. Looking at her intently, I handed the ice pack which she gladly took, grinning at me like she didn't nearly just died earlier.

"Stop grinning like some batshit crazy. You were almost at hell's doorstep, bitch." I mumbled, making her grin turn into an outburst of laughter.

"And yet, here I am. Still alive and bloody kicking." She wiggled her brows, smiling. I sat beside her at the three-seated sofa, crossed my legs into an Indian sit then faced her.

"Now that you've mentioned it. Why the bloody hell are you here?" I asked. She bit her lower lip, licked the upper part and right then and there I had to cut her. "You know what, never mind. Your awful lies always starts with that lip biting and licking shit you do."

She chuckled, leaning towards me. "I have one question."

I nodded for her to continue.

"Why do you hate her so much?" She asked, nodding to my knocked cold sister lying on the floor.

"She wants you dead, Lalisa." I answered, calling her by her full name.

"Yes, I'm well aware of that, thank you very much." She said, sarcasm in her voice as she slightly raised the ice pack from her neck. "But there must be something.. something terrible she did to inspire so much hatred. And you haven't told me about that."

I sighed. True, I hate Jennie for wanting my only best friend in the world, dead. No, let me rephrase that. My whole shitload of a family wants her dead. Why? Simply because she's human, and humans are food to wendigoag. They said if I can't kill her and eat her, then just throw her away−no muss, no fuss. As of Jennie, my cynical sister, the bitch just want to impress our toxic family by showing no mercy and killing Lisa. And I will never believe that the reason they want her gone, is because of the fact that humans can't stay with our kind for too long and because they're concern for her well-being, that she could turn just like us, just like me—then that's total bullshit. They haven't cared about anything other than themselves for decades.

"She's the reason I triggered my wendigo curse." I said, looking straight in her eyes.

"She−" I nodded, cutting her off. "What did she do?"

I swallowed an imaginary lump as I thought back into that very moment that changed my entire life. I was crying and pleading for her not to do it, but still she did. She made me eat human flesh. I will never forget what that first consumption felt like. How I almost puked out my stomach for its gross and sickening taste. How I sobbed my eyes out, blood dripping down my face as I try to forcibly get it out of me−hoping that the transition would suppress if I do so. But then I knew, as I sat there, weeping for the normal life I could've had and lost, that I'll never be the same again. Because it takes only one drop of human blood to trigger the curse, and I had eaten the whole fucking body.

I'll never forget how that itchy feeling engulfed my body and soul, and how it never left since that day. The itchy feeling signifies hunger and crave for the human blood and flesh. And I'll never forget how the second time I ate, I loved every bit of it. Jennie condemned me to a faith worse than hell, and for that I will forever hate her. But most of all, I hate myself because I know, deep down−I love what I've become.