XXI | The Missing Knights

MYRAS

"Your Majesty, two red cloaks have been missing since the Queen was missing," The Spine declared in a tone. Finishing his words, he turned his head and gazed towards Sevi Sagon, who was responsible of the red cloaks.

Bowing down nonchalantly, The Shield, responded, "It is true, Your Majesty. Sir Boyle and Sir Aaron have not been found ever since the day of tragedy. I believe that this incident did not happen in coincidence."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner, Sagon?" The King questioned with his brown eyes affixed onto The Shield. The red of his cloak covered Sagon's stout flesh beneath the metal.

The King was alone. Sevi Lurke was not with him. It was said that The Mind and Lord Ed both had left the kingdom to the towns to settle some affair while the King was mourning in Lelia's Garden. It was uneasy for Myras Auburn without Lurke's accompany.

"The red cloaks have been searching for them, Your Majesty. I have to be sure that they were the ones responsible for the Queen before delivering the message. If not, it will only lead to more complications. We do not want further speculation ---"

Merlin snapped at Sagon, "So that you - The Shield of Amor, will not be responsible for what your men have done? It's funny that you're embarrassed to inform the King that your men did it. To be honest, I'm a tad bit disappointed at you, Sagon."

"You know that I did not do it, Merlin. What is your intention?" Looking back straight into Myras Auburn's eyes, The Shield spoke with assurance, "I, The Shield of Amor, has nothing to do with the missing Queen. I know you trust me, Your Majesty. The two knights will be found, and justice shall be served."

"That's easy for you to say, Sagon," Merlin added with disgust as he belittled The Shield. 

"Why don't you find the two knights yourself with that cobweb of yours? I am sure your pesky connections will help me out," Sagon responded with a calm voice.

"That's enough," Myras spoke as he slammed his fist onto the armrest of the throne. "Both of you have served Amor well. I do not wish my trusted knights to snubbing each other." The King was certainly exhausted by the unforgiving Rogs. His voice carried little power, weakened by the events.

"Your Majesty, the bloodcrawler kept in the dungeon seemed to have escaped as well. It appeared that someone had set it free. I think that there is a correlation between this and the Queen," Merlin uttered in his usual cranky tone.

"What?!" Myras was fumed with rage. "How could you let it escape?! It is dangerous for the Rog Hells. I demand you to find that creature now!"

"It's already been searched, Your Majesty. It seemed that it was either hidden by someone very carefully, or it's no longer in this kingdom." Leering at the corner of his eyes towards Sagon, Merlin continued his words, "The deathorse had escaped as well. Thank the Rogs that the little boy of Flurkin's tamed it before it got out of hand."

"Tamed it? What do you mean tamed it? The deadly horse listened to Flurkin's child?" Myras questioned with confusion.

"Yes, Your Majesty. He tamed the deathorse. It appeared to only listen to that little knight. I've allowed the young man to take the horse as his mount in his journey."

"What? That's ridiculous!" Sagon interrupted as soon as Merlin finished his words. "You don't play with that horse, especially when it's cast with blood magic!"

"So what? It didn't seem to be hostile to men. Plus, I don't need your opinion, Sagon." Moving his attention towards Myras, he spoke, "Your Majesty, it is taken care of ---"

"Whatever you say, Merlin. I trust you," Myras finished his words, seemingly not to care about the deathorse. "Just find me the bloodcrawler before it harms anyone, Sagon."

"Yes, Your Majesty," The Shield replied.

"Merlin, send a grey pigeon to Lord Ed and Sevi Lurke. I need them back in the castle."

"Understood, Your Majesty," The Spine responded along with a quick yet polite bow. "What about Flurkin, Your Majesty? Do we need to call him as well?"

"Where is he?" The King asked.

"As far as I know, he was in Branchon Town. For what? I don't know. I suppose Lurke may know why, since he's there right now," Merlin finished his words with a little smirk.

"Branchon Town..." Myras murmured in his shadows. The town, heavily inspected by the red cloaks, was suspected to be Raoult's hideout. The traitor that dishonored the title of The Sword. "Is Flurkin there to confront him?"

"I doubt so, Your Majesty. That would just mean a death sentence for The Sword. I suppose that he's in search of the truth to the missing Queen as well, but it would be great if he wasn't a lone ranger. Unfortunately." Merlin was confident with his words.

"Do what you have to do. I want results, Merlin. Get my Queen back to me. If the rebellions have her, get me to talk to Raoult," Myras voiced out with a little quake in his tone.

"Are you sure about this, Your ---"

"Yes. I'm sure." Myras was absolutely certain.

"As you wish, Your Majesty."