XIII | The Confrontation

FLURKIN

"WHERE IN THE ROG HELLS IS LYNA?!" The King roared at the five of them - four, to be exact as one was deaf. His echo thundered across the bricks of the wall shook. A silence followed.

Before Myras could throw his sapphire scepter on the floor, Sevi Lurke blurted, "We... we are searching for her now, Your Majesty."

Sagon Regnon, the Shield of Amor, added on a few words to comfort his King, "All of the red cloaks are scanning the castle, Your Majesty. Five hundred men."

"Then why isn't she found?!" Worried that the rebellions kidnapped her while he and his knights were gone, Myras was trembling inside. He knew that if he had lost her, the sturdy castle inside him would crumble and shatter to pieces.

"I'll personally search for her, Your Majesty," Sagon replied with his stern voice.

"Her maiden, Sarlyn, was it? She's missing as well, according to one of my ears," Merlin Manson spoke, with a tone less assuring than the Shield.

"I want you to find them both! I'll tear this bloody castle down if I have to," Myras was fumed with burning hell.

Flurkin, still comprehending the lost of Lyna, found himself in the midst of the conversation. Giving the other Sevi a look, he knew it was his time to speak up.

"Your Majesty, we will find the Queen." With absolute confidence, men inside the chamber seemed to be uncertain about his words, but the King bought it. 

"Flurkin, find her for me," King Myras uttered. His brown eyes were molted with sadness, as if the iron fist inside him had melted. 

Did Myras... Flurkin was still in shock. He had never expected the King to put down his royal dignity to request something from him. It seemed that the King he knew three years ago was back to him.

"Yes, Your Majesty."

The King left the chamber with Ed, his personal lord, followed by the Mind, Sevi Lurke. Thud! The door slammed and stillness ate the room. Three men in a chamber. There was no reason for the three Sevi to be there, but there they were, standing against each other. Merlin broke the ice.

"Flurkin, are you sure you're not from a bard family? Your acting was on point," Merlin spoke as sharp as blades. "Quit your nonsense. Hand the Queen over."

"Enough with your pathetic accusations, Merlin. You know what you did," Flurkin turned the heat of the conversation back towards the Spine.

"Oh, and what exactly did I do?" Merlin questioned with a smirk on his scarred face.

"Laydon," Flurkin swallowed. "You killed Laydon."

"Oh, Flurkin, Murkin, Durkin... When will you move on? Still stuck in that little past of yours."

"He was our friend!" Flurkin muttered with rage. His eyes were boiling with anger. 

"Yes, he... was," Merlin replied with a little emphasis, "Soon, your green eyed squire 'was' your son as well."

Shrriang! The sound of sword unleashing from the scabbard echoed in the chamber. The tip of Flurkin's long sword was pointed directly towards Merlin. "As the Sword of Amor, I shall bring justice to the dead. You shall die right here, right now."

"Hold it, the Sword. Urgh, such irony," Merlin chuckled at his actions. He was definitely not afraid of Flurkin's threat. "As I've said a thousand times, Laydon's death was not my doing. Kill me now and you shall be blinded from the truth forever."

Staring dead into Merlin's eyes, Flurkin clenched every muscle in his body. His thought protesting against his body, as he struggled to have a clear thought. Curse the Rog Hells!

"Put down your sword, Flurkin." Another voice joined the conversation. Finally, it was the Shield who spoke. "I have twenty red cloaks outside this chamber, ready to take you down if you ---"

"Kill me." Merlin finished his sentence with a big proud smile on his face. It took three seconds for his lips from arching upwards to downwards. Merlin's eyes turned slightly darker as he questioned, "Where is Lyna Auburn? What did you do to her?!"

Flurkin gradually lifted his long sword against the concrete ceiling. He galloped and cleared his throat. Words came out like a saber roaring across the woods. "The Sword of Amor, knighted to be the sole protector of ---"

"Rubbish!" Merlin interrupted. "If you are indeed innocent, then tell me. Tell me why are you still in Amor? What's stopping you from leaving Amor with your son?! Why are you protecting that green eyed rat? Who exactly is he?!"

Flurkin fell silent. He couldn't think of an answer. No, he didn't want to. He knew it inside him but it was too hard to be revealed. Moreover, not to Merlin, the triple face Spine. Inside him, he was thinking hard. Merlin's... Merlin's right.

Flurkin's memory flashed back to him like the rays reflected from the swords. He remembered Laydon's words, still fresh at the back of his head. It was a gruff yet heroic voice. "If anything happens to me. Please, keep him safe for me... for her as well."

"The truth is too hard to be spilled?" Biting onto his lips, Merlin gave the Sword a glare. "If Lyna is dead, I'll burn you, your little squire and Laydon's little brother. All three of you." He swung his head. "No, I'll hang your head across Twiggers Town and throw your body to the plains for the bandits to loot."

Flurkin kept his silence for a brief moment. Finally he spoke after gaining back his thoughts, "I did not ---"

"Kidnap the Queen? Are you suggesting that the rebellions took her?" Merlin's laughter followed his question. He turned his head towards the Sagon and uttered, "You must be doing a bad job then, Sagon. Your red cloaks are probably busy gaining weight like you while the rebellions came in and took her!" His volume increased as he spoke while his deadly eyes swept from the Shield to the Sword. 

Merlin then said with a smile on his face.

"I shall kill every single rebellion then."