I hear the clicking of some keys and a brief muffled conversation between Mason and Elijah, before the footsteps seem to come towards me. I open my eyes slightly and see Mason standing over me, his hair messy and his eyes tired, but he looks so attractive. I always find Mason attractive, but especially when I'm drunk.

"Jeez." he sighs, shaking his head slightly. "Come on."

"I'm so tired." I whine.

"No, you're so drunk." Mason raises his brow condescendingly.

For a second I close my eyes again and I can feel tiredness taking over me, I just want to sleep.

"Come on." Mason repeats as he bends down to help me up. He stands me to my feet and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Bye, Matt." I chuckle as I look at him sleeping on the floor, dead to the world.

"Bye, Elijah." I smile and he does too, "See you, Amara. I'll get him to bed." he motions towards Matt.

Mason walks me to the car and I lean my head against the window, I can't wait to cuddle up to Mason in bed tonight. I've been looking forward to staying at his place all day. I just want to take these uncomfortable jeans off and put one of Mason's shirts on, sheer bliss.

"Why didn't you tell me Elijah was there?" he mumbles and I snap my head up in confusion. There is obvious annoyance in his voice and his eyes are focused on the road, but why?

"Mason, I didn't know anyone else would be there. It's not a big deal, you were busy today so I didn't text you." I explain.

"I could've came over, but you didn't tell me." he says bluntly.

"Mason I was supporting Matt when he needed me, there's no issue with that. Elijah is a friend, too." I defend, my agitation growing.

"Yeah, he seemed pretty friendly." he scoffs, the pettiness of his comment pissing me off.

"Seriously?" I exclaim, "Don't make this something it's not. Elijah is your best friend, and he's my friend too. He's also the only other friend Matt confided in before it had to be outed to everyone. As you've said before, Elijah is the only friend you have that's loyal and respectful. You were busy, I was busy — it's not an issue." I snap with annoyance.

This is not something we have to argue over. My mood is totally ruined and I'm just left with anger. That god damn man.

Mason stays silent, he sighs deeply and I can see the cogs turning in his mind — he knows he's in the wrong.

"Just take me home, please." I cross my arms against my chest.

"Seriously? Amara you don't have to be like that." he mutters a lot less harshly than before.

"I just want to go home, Mase. I'm not in the mood." I retort.
See, Mason? I can be petty too. I may be drunk and have little to no coordination right now, but I know when I need to put Mason in his place. Our petty argument could be solved by an 'I'm sorry', but I'll wait.

He drives silently to my house, stopping the car and looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Night." I shrug, stepping.. stumbling out of the car.

He sighs, "Goodnight."

I throw myself into bed, kicking off my shoes and pulling off my jacket. I don't have the energy to change or take my makeup off, a first for me.

———

When I wake up, my head instantly feels like it's being crushed between a vice. I sit up and feel it spin as I try to gain my balance, the hangover really isn't worth it. I glance at my phone to see a text from Mason.