CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

3rd POV

Jeremy came rushing into the room when he heard Elena. He had been walking by the room, "What is it?" He asked her. Elena choked on a sob, and pointed to the paper on the table. Confusion crossed his features as he walked towards it. He picked it up and a sob escaped his lips when he finished reading it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Elena and Jeremy,

I really hate to do this to you guys, because you have lost so many people already...But, you two are strong. Much stronger than me, what I've done is for your benefits, and mine.

If I had stayed, I would have had to deal with Klaus wanting to control me for the rest of my life, and him wanting to have kids with me. (I know, unbelievable..But, Kol told me, and I trust him.)

I just want you to know that I love you both, and you will get over it. I know you two will. Jere, you have sweet Bonnie. and Elena, you have Stefan and Damon who love you dearly. You have each other, you have Caroline, Matt, Alaric and Tyler.

I want you to tell them all that I love them as well. Even Stefan and Damon. I want you two to go on living a normal life. Well, as normal as you can get. Jere, I want you to go off to college...Elena, I'd like the same for you, but unfortunately I doubt you will. Not with everything that goes on around this town.

Give everyone hugs and kisses for me, because they will never get them again. I want the memories of me to be happy. Remember the little Angel that could cheer anyone up with her laugh. I don't want you to remember me as a stupid newbie Hybrid. I was broken as a Hybrid, I wasn't me. I just hope that you all can understand that....I will always be in your hearts, as well as your minds.

Love,

Your dearest cousin and friend...Evangeline Marie Gilbert.

P.S: There are journals that I have written in, left in my closet. It has everything from crushes to how each Full Moon went. Anytime you miss me, I want you to read them. They let you into my mind, even farther than you have ever been before. It also has some very useful information on the Supernatural. So please, don't be too upset to read them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy wrapped his older sister into a tight hug as they both cried. "I can't blame anyone else anymore. It's because of me, everything is because of me." Elena cried out, she's the real reason why Damon and Stefan wanted Klaus dead. She's the reason why Klaus turned her cousin, it was all because of her. Jeremy tried to tell her otherwise, but it wasn't working.

The two Gilbert's turned to the corner of the room, and tears streamed down their faces. Lying there, propped up on the wall, was Evangeline Marie Gilbert. She had plunged a stake into her heart, blood was soaked on her shirt. Their cousin was dead, for good.

A/N: Oh my gosh, I cried while writing that....Who else cried too? This story is FAR FROM OVER. So please, do not think that this is the end. This is my favorite story to write, it's not over yet, at all...