CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

He smirked, "Well, it's nice to see you again." I scoffed, "Joshua, what a pleasant surprise." I looked around to find Kol, and when I did, he was staring at the two of us. Joshua followed my gaze and smirked, "Who's that? Your boy toy of the month?" I rolled my eyes, "No, he's my date." He chuckled and spun me around, whipping me into his arms with force. I let out a small 'oof' when I crashed into his chest. I glared up at him, "What do you want Joshua?"

He chuckled again, "I was just hoping to catch up." I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, I really doubt that." I tried to get away, but he tightened his grip, "Ah, ah, ah...I don't think so. The dance isn't even over yet!" I huffed and continued to dance with him. When the dance did end, I tried to get out of his grasp once more. He laughed, "You're not strong enough to get out of my grip, what makes you think I'll let you go?"

Someone behind us cleared their throat, "If you haven't noticed, the dance is over and I'd like to have my date back." Joshua let me go and glared towards Kol, which Kol returned. I walked towards Kol and he wrapped his arm around my waist. "And who might you be?" Kol asked while glaring. Joshua stuck his hand out, "Joshua. You?" Kol glanced at the hand for a moment before shaking it, "Kol." The two men had their little war of strength.

If you don't understand what I mean by that, it's when Joshua thought he was stronger, so he used his vampire strength to threaten Kol. Kol, being the older and stronger one didn't flinch, but used his vampire strength right back. Of course, Joshua is too cocky to admit that he felt threatened, but I could certainly see it on his face for that split second. The two let go of each others hands, and Kol lead me to the dance floor, where they were playing Amazed by Lonestar.

He placed my arms around his neck and placed his hands on my waist as we swayed to the music. He leaned his head down towards mine and whispered, "Who was that?" I sighed, "An old ex-lover..." His eyebrows raised, "An old ex-lover?" I nodded and looked into his eyes, "I'll tell you about it later." He nodded and pulled me into his chest as we continued to dance.

I was completely relaxed and almost asleep when the song ended. Kol kissed the top of my head and sighed, "I hate to do this...but, I need to go talk with Rebekah." I nodded and pulled away from his chest, "That's fine. I don't need to be falling asleep on the dance floor anyways." He pecked my lips and headed in Rebekah's direction. I walked out of the ball room and into the room where all the champagne was.

Grabbing a glass and finding a quiet corner was actually rather easy. But, it didn't take long until I was bothered. "Aw, did your date leave you all alone?" I sighed and didn't even look his way. "Oh come on...We haven't had the chance to catch up yet." I turned my head and glared at him, "Okay, let's catch up. I have moved here to be with my family and friends. I am having a great time with them, and there are some nice guys here. Now, you are here to ruin it. We've caught up now." I began to walk away when Joshua grabbed my arm and yanked me back.

"Let go of me." He laughed, "I don't think so Allie-cat...I haven't gotten a chance to talk yet." I huffed,"Don't. Call. Me. That." He chuckled, "Why not? You used to love being called that." I growled, "Yeah, that was before I found out what a manipulative, evil, dick you were." He smirked, "Well, I missed you. I killed all of my friends who betrayed me...and now I'm after you." My eyes widened and I looked around the room, searching for Kol. He chuckled, "You won't find him anywhere in here. He's outside, on the ground with a broken neck." I ripped my arm from his grip, "What did you do to him?!"

He chuckled, "Relax..I didn't do anything. It was some Damon dude. Did you not just see the group rush outside?" I huffed and walked away again. He followed me into the foyer that had no one standing near or in it. "Would you stop following me?" He chuckled darkly, "No, I don't think so.." In a split second he grabbed my wrist and barred his teeth. "You won't do it. Not here." I challenged him. He chuckled, "No, but I was trying to distract you."

I tilted my head to the side, "Distract me from wha-"

A/N: Oooooohhh, What happened?!?!? Why is Joshua so horrible? What actually happened between the two? Why does he want to kill her? So many questions, so little time!