CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want Klaus?" He chuckled, "I just wanted to know what you were doing today." I sighed, "I was taking a walk..." In a split second he had slammed me up against a tree and held me up by the neck, "What I really wanted is, Tell your friends that whatever they are planning...Is sure to fail....Goodbye my Love." With that, he was gone. Of course, I grabbed at my neck and coughed a few times, "Damn it...I swear this town is beginning to get on my nerves..."

My mood of wanting to go for a walk was now ruined, so I just decided to head back to the Salvatore Boarding House. I walked through the house to the living room, where Damon was filling his glass up with Scotch. He turned his head to look at me, "I thought you were going for a walk." I plopped down on the couch, "Yes, I was until Klaus decided to ruin it."

This sparked Damon's interest, as he sat his glass down and faced me, "What did he want?" I sighed, "He said something about 'the plan your friends are planning, is sure to fail', or something like that.." Damon studied me for a moment, "Are you alright?" I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine Damon."

The front door opened and Elena's footsteps were heard through-out the house. I turned my body so that I could see her walk into the room, "What's up?" She walked up to me and grabbed my hand, "Come on. We have to get ready for the ball." Now, whoever said that Elena wasn't strong, obviously hasn't seen her when she's in a rush. She dragged me behind her, "Bye Damon!" I shouted before we slipped out of the house.

^^^^

We were currently at Caroline's house. All of us girls were getting ready together, and we all looked beautiful. (Angel, Elena and Caroline.) We were applying makeup when Caroline spoke, "So Angel, I heard that Kol asked you to be his date tonight." I smiled, "Yeah he did." She hesitated, "Did you..say yes?" I looked at her, "Yeah, why?"

She sighed, "Nothing, it's just that...He's not a good person." I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Says the girl who is wearing a custom made dress from Klaus." Elena looked over from the mirror towards Caroline, while Caroline's mouth dropped open, "H-how did you know?" I smirked and turned towards her, "Because, last time I checked, you didn't have anything to wear. Then one day, poof! You magically had a gorgeous dress that looks like it was made by Klaus. Seeing as he is quite handy with a pencil..."

I turned back to the mirror and finished putting on my mascara, "Oh and by the way... Klaus is a player, who needs to make up his mind. He's after you, and he was after me. Luckily I don't want him." Caroline still hadn't spoken a word, and with that I left the room and got into my car, heading towards the Mikaelson's. It was already almost time to go anyways.

^^^

I had been waiting outside in my car cooling off, until people started showing up. I didn't want to be the first one inside, and I didn't exactly want to be the last. I watched as Elena walked in with both Stefan and Damon on her arms. I rolled my eyes, she may have been my cousin, but it so wasn't right that she led them both on. I honestly thought she should just go and meet a human guy somewhere. Have a normal life, or at least as much of one she could have as being the Doppelganger.

Caroline walked in next, she was alone but I doubted she would be for very much longer. I sighed and began the walk to the front door. The second I crossed over the threshold, I was greeted by Kol's smiling face, "Hello darling." I smiled, "Hi Kol..." He held his arm out for me to take, "Let's go meet people." He raised his eyebrows up when saying 'meet'. I laughed and hooked our arms together, "I'm sure that will be fun."

We walked around and talked to a few people, mainly Kol talked. I just kind of stood there looking pretty. We were standing around drinking champagne when Mrs.Lockwood approached us, "Well, don't you look lovely Evangeline." I smiled towards her, "As do you Mrs.Lockwood." She waved her hand, "Oh please, call me Carol." I nodded my head as she turned to Kol, "And who might you be?" He smiled and took her hand, kissing it, "Kol Mikaelson."

She smiled and was about to speak when Damon cut in, "I'm Damon. Damon Salvatore. Have we met?" He gave Kol a look. Kol looked up from Carol and smirked, "I've met a lot of people and you don't particularly stand out.." I covered my mouth with my hand, trying not to laugh. Kol put his hand on the small of my back and lead me away from the two. When we were a good distance away I let out a chuckle. Kol looked down at me, "What?" I shook my head, "Weren't you a bit mean?" He scoffed, "No." I just shook my head and smiled.

Kol looked up to the staircase and saw his family standing up there, "Be right back, love." He quickly jogged up to his place as Elijah began speaking, "My family and I have hosted this ball, to celebrate the reunion of our Mother and us. Now, if everyone would please find a partner, and gather in the ballroom for a century's old waltz." When he finished, everyone began to find their partners. I saw Damon head towards Elena, and Klaus hurried off in Caroline's way.

I was looking at my surroundings when a familiar hand came into my view, "Care to dance, darling?" I looked up to see Kol's smirking face. I smiled and took a hold of his hand, "I'd love to." His smirk turned into a smile as he lead me to the dance floor. We lined up next to other couples and began the dance. I knew that eventually we would have to switch partners, but for now I was stuck with Kol.

"Have I told you that you look beautiful tonight?" Kol whispered in my ear. I felt my cheeks get hot, "No, but thank you." He chuckled, "I'm glad you came." I smiled and shrugged, "Eh, if I hadn't come willingly, I'm sure Elena or Caroline would drag me..." He chuckled, "I'm sure they would." He leaned down and pecked my lips quickly before I was spun to my next partner.

"Well, hello beautiful." I looked up and my jaw dropped, shaking my head frantically I managed to gasp out, "No."

A/N: Oooooooooohhh, Who is it? Obviously it's someone she doesn't like, or someone she never expected to see...again. Comment about the chapter please! <3