What Do You Want? (BAL)

What has this book become?

Warning: suggestive (at least at the end)

Set during high school
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Mal's POV~

I sighed as I texted Ben back.

Mal: Sorry Benny Boo. I just can't today
Ben: did you have other plans?
Mal: just too much homework
Ben: oh
Mal: Sorry
Ben: it's fine.
Mal: We'll make it up
Ben: promise?
Mal: I promise

I'd had to cancel a date with Ben tonight because of the amount of homework I had. It was only my sophomore year of high school and yet I am drowning in work. That along with applying for a part-time job and extra art classes I've been taking. It's getting to be too much.

I sighed and sat down to begin my homework. Starting with AP Physics.

After about two hours of just homework, homework, and more homework, I couldn't take it anymore. I threw my pencil down just as a knock sounded on the door.

"Who is it?" I called. My voice sounded harsh and frustrated. I blamed that on my trigonometry homework that I'd just completed before moving on to grammar.

"Ben," came the answer.

"Come in," I said, sighing.

Ben walked in with his backpack slung over his shoulder. "Hey Mal."

"Hi," I grumbled.

"Something wrong?"

"Homework sucks."

He laughed. "That, I agree on. Maybe we could do it together and have a little study date?"

"Please," I stood up and stretched. "I need a break."

"We could do that too," he put his backpack down on Evie's bed and rummaged through it.

Evie was out on a 'business trip' to Cinderellasburg to meet with Cinderella's mice about some fabric and other sewing supplies. I interpreted it as an excuse to get away from school. Can't blame her though.

"I brought some movies," he said, pulling a few DVD cases out.

"Okay," I said distractedly, walking over to him while still scribbling down the first few sentences of another essay.

"Hey..." Ben said, taking my notebook and pen from my hands. "No working. Take a break."

"I can take a break and work at the same time," I whined, trying to grab back my supplies.

He held them above his head, where I couldn't reach them.

"Ben!" I yelled at him, jumping up in a futile attempt to grab them.

"Nope," he smiled and wrapped his free arm around me, pulling me down with him as he sat on my bed.

I squirmed, trying to get free, but he held me tight. He threw my notebook and pen across the room.

"Hey!" I yelled.

Ben smirked mischievously, a look that I'd never seen on his face before. Somehow, it intrigued me.

My thoughts were unceremoniously dissolved when both my arms were pinned to my sides. I struggled futilely.

"Ben," I whined.

"Yeah?" he answered innocently.

"What do you want? I need to get back to work."

"You said you needed a break."

"This has been a long enough break."

"It's been like five minutes."

"It should've been like two."

"C'mon. You shouldn't be working this much. Trust me. I'm the epitome of an overworked person and I don't work this much."

"All of my teachers seem to think that their class is the only one I have," I said.

"Well you are in all AP and IB courses," he said back.

"Hey. Not my fault I'm smart." I joked.

He laughed. "Sometimes I think you should be running this kingdom instead of me."

"No thanks. I've already gotten too much work just from school."

"So take a break."

"No," I said, wriggling free. Ben pouted.

I sighed. "What do you want? Something that doesn't involve me wasting too much time now?"

"So I waste your time?" he asked, a slight sad undertone in his voice.

"That's not what I meant," I quickly corrected. "We can make up the date later. Maybe this weekend."

"Okay... but for now?"

"For now what?" I asked, picking up my notebook and pen that he'd thrown across the room earlier off the ground.

"Just one kiss?" he asked, walking over.

"Fine," I relented, putting the notebook and pen down on a table.

Ben smiled and leaned in, closing the distance between our faces. I closed my eyes as his arms snaked around me waist, holding me tightly to him. The kiss, like every other one we've shared, was gentle but at the same time somehow passionate. I broke unwillingly away after running out of breath. He stopped for a few seconds before pulling me down onto my bed again, his lips once more meeting mine.

I'll just say I didn't get much homework done after that.