Chapter Eight: Birthday!

Kira's POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing and playing the song "Birthday" by Selena Gomez. I love Selena, but somebody changed my ringtone! And, to being annoyed that someone would call THIS early, I grabbed my phone and answered it, not really bothering who it was.

"*yawn*... Hello?" I say, sleepily.

"Kira? It's me, Amber!"

"Oh, hi Amber! What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to say happy birthday to my bestie!"

"Awww. Thanks Amber!"

"It's no problem. Iwould never forget your b-day. Is it okay if I drop by your house at 11? I have a suprise for you!"

"Okay. See you!"

When the call ended, I wondered what the suprise was. I plopped down my bed again then checked my phone for the time. 

It says October 7, 2011; Friday; 9:53! It's almost Ten! I stood up from bed then took a shower, just realizing what the time was.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

When I was finished taking a shower and changing Into a laced purple dress with a pink jacket and my black sandals, I went dowstairs and was greeted by my joyful Mom and Dad.

"Happy Birthday Kira!" they both exclaimed while giving me hugs and kisses on my head.

"Thanks Mum! Thanks Dad!"

They then led me to the kitchen and made me eat my favorite kind of breakfast, Eggs and Bacon. While eating, they couldn't stop talking about how fast I've grown and how proud they are.

"We have a suprise for you!" the say as I finished eating my breakfast.

"Aww! You guys too?"

"Yeah. Amber will drop by and we're also invited to whatever she said to you! But this is our first gift for you."

They handed me a small cage and when I saw what was inside, I hugged my parents with tears of joy flowing out of my eyes.

"A Yorkshire Terrier?! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I always wanted one of these!"

"We know you would. Thats why we brought you this one because you were always saying that you wanted one. Now you have your own dog." they say, proudly.

"Yay! I'll name you Kozmo." I say to the little sleeping dog now named Kozmo.

*Ding Dong*

"Oh! That must be Amber! Could you please let her in while I toothbrush? Thanks again so much!"

"Sure Kira, and your welcome!"

I ran to the bathroom in my room and toothbrushed, not even knowing where I'm going with Amber. I also washed my face because I didn't want Amber to see me looking like this. I put a little lipstick then I went back downstairs and greeted Amber with a hug.

"Are you ready to go now, birthday girl?" she asks.

"You know it!" I reply and walk with her to the sidewalk. "Where exactly are we going, anyway?"

"You'll find out soon. First, wear this." she answers, handing me a red blindfold.

"O... kay?" I say, as I tie it around my head, covering my eyes. I'm okay with this because Amber is my best friend and I trust her.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

About fifteen minutes later, I heard a opening of a door and whispers that I couldn't understand.

Amber then made me sit dow and when I did, someone that wasn't Amber untied m blindfold revealing a cake that has a picture of me on it and beside was words that said, "HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY KIRA! from: Nickelodeon" and so much food on the table. People suddenly shouted "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and I was crushed by hugs by Jack, Amber, Addison, Diego, Audrey, My Mom, My Dad, Rosa, Chris, Breanna, Ava Cantrell who plays Penelope Pritchard in The Haunted Hathaways, Curtis, Benjamin, Chico, Ginifer, Jed, Trevor and the whole staff of The Thundermans.

"Thanks guys!" I say when they finished hugging me.

"No problem." Addison replies.

"We're your friends, after all," Breanna ads.

"Oh yeah, this is Jenette McCurdy," Audrey says while pointing to a blonde haired girl.

"And this is Ariana Grande." Curtis continues while pointing to a brunette haired girl.

"Oh yeah! You guys are Sam and Cat, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. Happy Birthday!" they answered.

"Thanks! So... Who planned this whole thing?"

They all  were silent for awhile, until they all pointed to someone beside me who was really quiet and said, "JACK."

"Jack? You did this?" I ask, not believing what I'm hearing. Does he really care about me?

"Uhhh... Yeah..." he replies, blushing a little what only I can see because I was beside him.

"Thanks Jack!" I say, hugging him quickly and giving him a kiss on the cheek! Ohmygosh. What did I just do?

"Awww!" They all respond. Itotally forgot they were there!

I blush, but stop it by saying, "Anyway, what are we waiting for? Let's dig in!"

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Jack's POV

She gave me a a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She gave me a... h-hug and a k-kiss on the... cheek. I pinced myself to see if I was dreaming but no, she was holding my hand while she ate! I was screaming in the inside, not believing what was happening. She still held my hand, until the time that I unexpexted came.

"Hi Ryan! Come join us!" she announces.

"Hi! Thanks and Happy Birthday Kira!"

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

When everybody was finished eating and in their own conversation, Addison with Diego, Breanna, Ava and Curtis; Amber with Audrey, Ryan, Curtis, Jenette and Ariana; and Chris with Rosa, Chico, Ginifer, Jed, Trevor, Mr. and Mrs. Kosarin; I excused Kira and brang her to my dressing room where nobody can see what other suprise I have for her.

"What's wrong, Ma -- I mean Jack?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to -- wait. Were you seriously abot to call me Max, Phoebe?"

"Yeah. But you called me Phoebe!"

We both laughed for awhile until I calmed me and her down.

"Okay, so Kira, I know it's your birthday, so I got you a present."

"Aww! Another one? You are so sweet today!" she says while pinching my cheeks a little which made me blush.

"Hahah... Thanks. It IS your birthday. Here you go."

I got out a box and opened it and got out a necklace which had a letter "J" with it that had little diamonds but not the real ones.

"Woah. This is so beautiful!" Like you, I wanted to say. Omygosh. What am I thinking? she looked me into the eyes and said, "Thank you, Jack."

As she said that, I couldn't stop myself so I leaned in and kissed her on the lips. Both of us were shocked but we didn't pull away. I also felt a tiny spark, which confused me.

We stopped a few seconds later, and I was still shocked at what I had done, hoping that she wouldn't ge mad at me or anything.

"I'm sorry for that, Kira. I really didn't --"

"It's okay. You still made this my best birthday ever." she replies with a tear rolling down her cheek.

I wiped it away then hugged her and said, "I'm happy that you're happy. Just know that "J" means "Jira" and it means that I'll be by your side always."