Chapter Twenty-One: Soon

Chase's POV

"What do you want?" I ask the little girl with the huge purple bow on her head. She just raised her eyebrow. I was inside a room with these two kids, two weeks after I asked Kira to be my girlfriend.

"I know you have something behind this. Spill it!" She screams.

"Little girl, I'm just a guy who really needs to go to his girlfriend, and --" I stand up but her and a little boy block my way.

"It's Addison to you, little boy!" She says, mimicking my voice.

"What did I do?" I question them. "I'm just trying to o back to Kira, you know."

"Exactly!" The both scream in unison, which makes me sit back down.

"What do you want with Kira, huh?" The boy questions suspiciously.

"What do you mean? I just really like her, I asked her if she wanted to be my girlfriend and she accepted!" I explained, but they weren't even convinced a little.

"Then why are you with Ryan often?" Addison asks.

"She's my... Best friend! She was the one who introduced me to Kira!" I answered as I raised my hands up in surrender.

"Is that all?" The little boy questions as he moves his head closer in suspicion.

I nod. They stood up straight and whispered something to each other. The boy nodded.

"Why did the little bot just nod?" I ask.

"I'm Diego!" He states, clearly annoyed.

"Okay! Why did Diego nod?!"

"Why on earth would we tell you?" Addison announces questionably and crosses her arms. "Anyway, you can go now."

I walked out of the room.

"Annoying kids..." I mumble under my breath and walk back to where Kira was seated.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kira's POV

"So, you wanna go out on a pizza date? My treat!" I asks Chase happily.

"Sure. I'll tell my 'rents that I'm gonna be home kinda late, okay?" He waves his phone at me and walks to the bushes.

I patiently waited for him, but it was already fifteen minutes. What's taking him so long?

I walked to the bushes and I saw... "What the --" I was about to scream but somebody covered my mouth. I looked back and it was Jack.

"Shh!!!" He shushed me and removes his hand. I listened to the conversation of the two.

"You have to! Do it tonight or everything'll be ruined! Then if you do, we can date. Isn't that part of the deal we made?" Her not-so-innocent-voice asked.

"How do you do that if you're dating Jack? I feel used." He starts walking away but she caught his hand.

"Pwease," she says with that not innocent face, "For me,"

"Ughh... Finneee." Chase groans and walks away as Ryan laughs evily.

Jack grabbed me and dragged me back inside the studios and into his dressing room. I was still shocked at what happened.

Jack just stared at me with... Hope in his eyes?

I stood up. "Chase is a two-timer!" I angrily paced around the room, hoping to find an explaination. "I mean, one minute, Ryan was all being goody-goody to me an the next, she goes to Chase and starts giving him orders, like he's a puppy!" I looked at Jack who was just sitting there with no emotion.

"You still don't remember, Kira?" He asks me. I stopped on my tracks.

"Remember what?" I asks him suspiciously.

He shows me a blue bear. "Not even this?"

"No," I say as I sit beside him.

I looked at his eyes and he looks like he was about to tear up. He showed me his phone and there were selfies of... Both of us? "Don't you remember that birthday surprise I gave you?"

I shook my head. "No. What's going on? When did we take those selfies?"

My eyes landed on a selfie where I was kissing his cheek.

"How come I can't remember anything?!" I started to get stressed.

"There was this one day where we both got kidnapped by Ryan." He started explaining, "I think you were hit really hard in the head, which made you have a temporary loss of memory."

"When will my memory come back?" I ask him worriedly.

"That, I don't know." He states as a tear rolled down his cheek. "Our life is so messed up,"

I hug him. "C'mon Jack. It's okay."

"No it's not!" He shouts and stands up. "Ryan made me agree to date her and ignore you! That was the worst decision I ever made, but she would hurt you if I didn't!"

"What's wrong if I get hurt?" I ask him. It's like he actually -- wait. Does he like me? What did I miss? C'mon, memory! Come back!

"Wow, I guess you lost so much memory." He just kissed me on the lips and left.

Nope. I was still dazed, confused and worried. What was that all about? Having memory loss sucks.