Chapter Twelve: The Truth

Kira's POV 

I was waiting for Jack under a tree in the park while playing my guitar. I made some random chords, thinking it might be the chords of a future song I'll write.

"C minor, D, A sharp, Ugh," I lost thought and was about to land on the grass, but instead of that, I landed in the lap of Jack. "Oops. Sorry Jack,"

"It's okay." he looked around, "So..."

"The explanation?" I look at him wile crossing my arms.

"Oh yeah! That. Uh... Are you sure you want to know? Because maybe I can tell you some other time and --"

"No, now."

"Uh..." he started to say worriedly, "Okay."

As he started explaining, everything made sense. I just don't understand why he didn't tell me earlier.

Seemingly, my mouth had a life on it's own. I didn't even let him finish.  "Why didn't you just tell me earlier?!"

"Because --"

"No, I don't want to hear it. I've been pathetic. I'm going home."

"But --"

"No, just stay away."

"Can you please let me --"

"NO. I guess I'm liking you too much." I took my guitar and bag and started walking home. I stopped and decided to go somewhere else.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

"Why did you do that?" Amber asks as she hands me the cup of hot chocolate.

"Just disappointed. I mean, he stole my first kiss for gosh's sake!"

"Het, hey, no need to shout," she says, "Anyway, what else did he say?"

"Uh.. I didn't exactly let him finish," I reply while Amber puts her hands on her hips. I sipped my hot choco.

"Well, you should've! He kissed you, you kissed back, he planed the birthday suprise, and gave you THAT necklace which, I guess, you never even took off!" she explains while pointing at my necklace.

"You have a point... --"

"No, face it, it's true."

I was speechless for a second, She just looked at me patiently and waited for my answer.

"I guess you're right." I reply as she sits down.

"I am, a problem solver, aren't I?" she says and rubs her nails and looks at it.

"Yes, you are." I smiled, Thanks Amber. Merry almost Christmas!"

"Merry almost Christmas."