Chapter Nineteen: Suspicions

Jack's POV

I had to let it out to someone. And I figured that Addison knows already my secrets, so I just told her everything.

"Why not talk to her?" She asks.

"If Ryan sees me doing that, who knows what will happen to Kira." I explain worriedly.

"Talking wouldn't work too 'cause, right she got hit hard on the head by Ryan?" I nod, "Well, because of that blow, some of her passed memories disappeared, causing her not to remember what you did for her on her birthday, and the other memories that I think is special for you."

I thought about it for a moment. "She actually told me that she remembers that day I was texting her, a.k.a. the day you threatened to read my messenges," she laughs at that memory, "But she doesn't know what happened after."

"But, that was after her birthday!"

"I know! She doesn't even remember the gift I gave her. She used to wear it all the time, and now, she doesn't."

"Wow, you must really like her huh?" She asks while crossing her arms.

"W-what? Tsk-- tsk... I would never..."

She raises her eyebrow.

"Fine. You got me." I gave up, "Put that isn't the point of this conversation!"

She sees that I'm trying to change the subject but she just goes with it.

"I don't know with you, but how do you expect to get her memories back?" She asks.

Wow. That question is deep. She just waits patiently for my answer but I'm speechless.

"You know these things only happen on a temporary state so she can still gain her memory back." I explain.

"But when? There's enough time for her to move on to some other boy, ya know."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "It already happened two nights ago. Stupid Ryan for inviting him."

"And you did...?"

"I just ignored the everyone. Wasn't in the mood to talk after Ryan talked my ears off while waiting for Chase and Kira." I said Chase's name in disgust.

"Who's Chase?" She questions suspiciously.

"The new interest of Kira, I guess." I shivered at the thought, "And the friend of Ryan. And the thing is, his voice sounds extremely familiar."

Somebody then knocked on my bedroom door and when I opened it, it was my mom.

"Lunch is ready downstairs kids," she says. "Would you like to stay for lunch, Addison?"

"I would be honored to. Thank you, Mrs. Griffo." Addie replies politely and walks downstairs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Addison's POV

After lunch and saying thank you to the Griffo family, I called my dad and asked him politely to please pick me up from the Griffo household.

When he arrived, I asked him if I can go to Diego's house and he agreed. As we arrive on the street, I wave goodbye and watched his car sped off. He said he would pick me up at five o'clock so I have plenty if time.

I rang the doorbell, and when it opened, I was greeted by Mrs. Velazquez.

"Oh, hi Addison! Come in! Your friends are in Diego's room." She says kindly and I thank her.

"Hello Addison!" Amber greets.

"Hi!" Everyone greets too.

"Hey guys." I say and sit down on one of the chairs. "So we all know that Ryan might've done it to them."