29. Lies & Honesty

"Once upon a time a devil and an angel fell in love.

It did not end well."

"What is she doing here?"

The cold hostility of his voice pierced through me like a dagger. I sighed and lowered my gaze to the floor, scorned tears brimming my eyelids.

"You know what Kookie, it's probably better if I leave."

"No Faye, you're not going anywhere," Jungkook objected sharply. "This is my house and I invited her as a guest. She's my friend."

Taehyung merely scoffed. He was standing by the window, the light from the lamp illuminating only his left side. He was holding a blank stare, rigid eyes fixated on the wall somewhere behind me as if he couldn't bare the sight of me.

"Friend? You don't even understand-"

"I do, I understand," Jungkook cut him off, triggering a perplexed scowl from his friend. "I understand everything. And I don't care, Taehyung. And neither should you."

"You don't even know what you're talking about." Taehyung said through gritted teeth. His face and tone were so cold and emotionless that I shivered.

"I know," Jungkook's eyes cut through him harshly. Usually he carried this innocent boyish charm but right now he seemed so manly and assertive that I couldn't help but gape at him in bewilderment. "I know everything about Faye. I know what, no, who she is. But I also know that it's not her fault she was born this way. She never asked for any of it. No matter how you see her now, she's still the same Faye you fell for."

My eyelashes fluttered and I blinked away the tears. My back pressed to the door behind me, I was still apprehensive to take another step inside the room.

Taehyung turned to look through the window, his hands on his hips.

"Now I know this is difficult for the both of you," Jungkook went on, twisting to the side to look at me. "But you're my friends. And as your friend I feel like it's my responsibility to help you sort through this fucked up mess right now. You can break up or make up, I don't care but all I want to know is that the both of you have gotten some closure and that you're not leaving anything unfinished."

A cruel sneer occupied Taehyung's lips as his eyes snapped back at Jungkook.

"You've got to be kidding-"

"Bub bub bub bub!" Jungkook hushed him, mimicking his harsh tone. "I'm the birthday boy today so I make the rules. You're not getting out of this room until you clear things up between the two of you. Am I clear?"