15. Daddy Issues

"When her halo broke, she curved the two halves into horns."

"Who pissed in your Cheerios?" Yoongi asked as I entered my apartment

"Who pissed in your Cheerios?" Yoongi asked as I entered my apartment. He was sprawled on the couch, scrolling down his phone lazily, one arm under his head.

I kicked off my shoes and shuffled to the living room only to drop down on the couch next to him. I was so exhausted I couldn't even think of a witty comeback for him. I just stared straight ahead at the wall in front of me.

I ended up not bursting into the hospital after my encounter with Soohyun. My determination crumpled.

The last time I saw Yoongi, I was furious at him. He wasn't pleased with me either, but I didn't want to get into it right now.

"What's the matter with you, Faye?" he frowned, finally looking away from his phone. "You're depressing me."

"I don't feel like talking."

Yoongi pushed his ashen blond bangs away from his face.

"But you always feel like talking. What happened?"

My emotions started surging all over again, despite the fatigue that lay on my chest. I was so confused. One moment I was thinking Taehyung was this vile, diabolical human being modeled to destroy me, and the next one I was being proved he was the male version of Mother Theresa. I just kept going back and forth between the two possibilities. Which one was an act? Why is this so damn difficult?

I just didn't know who to trust anymore. I didn't feel safe. If Taehyung was part of some big, elaborate plan to make me vulnerable, then I had to keep my guard up at all times. I had been stabbed in the back before. I had been lied to. I didn't feel like going through the same shit again.

But if my father was in on the whole thing, if my own family was conspiring against me, then who else was doing it, too? I was starting to grow paranoid, my eyes darting to Yoongi who just regarded me with a confused expression on his face.

Fucking troublemaker.

"Was it worth it?"

"Huh?" Yoongi seemed lost.

"Betraying me," I uttered blankly. "Was it worth it?

He shifted on the couch, interlocking his feelings in his lap.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Faye. What has gotten into you?"

"Recently, nothing," I retorted sarcastically. "Tell me, Yoongi. What did my father offer you? Immortality? Power? His own throne? Did he say you were the son he always wanted? Do you want to replace me?"

"What?" now he seemed almost freaked out. "Why are you talking like this?"

"You were my most loyal friend," I hissed, leaning forward abruptly. "How could you betray me like this?"