11. Angel

"Black hearts are not born black – they are burned."

Rule number one

Rule number one.

No matter how busy a man is, he'll always, always find time for you.

If he wants to.

No excuses.

That's what I kept telling myself as I took the stairs up to my apartment in one breath, my resentment building up in my mouth like bile.

Taehyung was all big with words, but not so much with actions, as it seemed. My disappointment was hard to contain as I realized just how bothered I was by it all. He had left me, and it took everything from me to admit it, extremely sexually frustrated.

I yanked my front door open with a loud thud, slamming it shut with my foot. I threw my jacket on the couch and stomped to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. As if that's going to make it all go away.

Staring at the running water, I let out a long sigh, feeling a pair of familiar eyes gazing calmly at my back.

"I know you're here," I scoffed. "So come on out and talk to me properly instead of lurking in the shadows like a fucking creep."

Turning around calmly, I rested my back against the kitchen cabinet. I took a sip of the cold water and watched as the beautiful blond man materialized in front of me, glowing atom by glowing atom.

I couldn't mask my cringing. I could never get used to so much light.

Snow-white silk shirt hanging around his frame loosely with tiny jewels embroidered on its collar, the glitter sparkling in the dim light of my kitchen. White satin pants stretching all the way down to the soles of his shoes and hugging his long slender legs.

His eyes were cloudless sky blue, striking yet soft. His hair strands of golden sunrays, framing his flickering azure orbs. His appearance would stop anyone in their tracks, doesn't matter if they were a man or a woman, and his beauty was other-worldly, quite literally.

"I don't remember summoning a Disney prince today." I cocked a brow, unable to suppress my eye-roll.

"You return to Hell has been requested." He stood tall, chin held up high and despite his angelic features, he exuded a firm seriousness.

"I spent thousands of years roaming the human world and I didn't get as much as a postcard from home, and now all of a sudden everyone wants me back there?" I sneered, putting the glass down.

"Sarcasm has always been your strongest defense mechanism, Faye." He stated, clear blue abysses piercing through me.

Letting out a huff, I folded my arms against my chest.

"What, are you analyzing me now? Don't you have lives to destroy with your stupid bows and arrows?" I said sardonically, my bitterness smoldering under the surface. "Jimin." I added on, sounding out the name slowly. "Isn't that the name you go by now? Or was it Cupid? Eros? Amor?" I pressed my forefinger against my chin.