25. Perfect

"Even if you're broken, I'll keep your pieces safe."

***smut warning***

***smut warning***

It felt like someone had pressed the slow motion button as I watched how Taehyung's expression shifted. It was painful seeing it. He was petrified and rooted to the spot, round brown orbs staring at my back in unfiltered horror.

It was like a million movie frames flashed before my eyes. Ashen faced, Taehyung reached one hand to grip at the door frame as if he was about to lose his balance.

"What are those?" he then shot forward, closing the distance between us at the speed of light.

I tried to turn around but I was too slow. He gripped my shoulders, holding me in place. I couldn't see him but I knew what he was looking at. Those thin and long scars, brutal reminders of my true self, a badge of shame. The thought that he was examining them like this, witnessing the parts of myself I didn't want to show both physically and mentally, it made me feel fragile and exposed.

"Nothing," I shimmied out of his grip and quickly slid the t-shirt over my chest. My heart was pounding erratically in my chest as I felt horribly put on the spot.

"It isn't nothing," Taehyung breathed out, his facial features suspended between shock and outrage. He clasped on the edge of my shirt but I recoiled away.

"Don't."

"Who did this to you?" he pressed in a shaky voice, absolutely traumatized.

"No one," I shook my head, wrapping my arms around myself. In that moment I wanted nothing more than to appear smaller or even disappear. "Taehyung, let it go."

"How?" he continued taking steps towards me while I just wanted to increase the distance between us. "How can I let it go, Faye? How did you get these scars?"

I turned my face away from him.

"I don't want to talk about this. Please don't make me."

"Who hurt you like this?" his voice boomed with pain and indignation. His hand gravitated to rub on the side of my arm. "Please Faye... tell me."

"I can't." I let out as my chin trembled.

I finally looked back at him to see him tremendously distraught. He was breathing heavily, his eyes glazed over with a glossy layer.

"Let me see." He begged me.

Embarrassment flooded in along with the panic.

"No." I whispered.

"My God, Faye... what happened to you?" he groaned, pushing his hair back.

"Nothing! I told you there were parts of me you wouldn't like, parts of me that would shock you! You're bounded to be hurt with me."